Apr 23, 2024
I just breadboarded my new pc build because there wasent a POST when i put it together. Still no post i tryed turning on the motherboard without the cpu and the mouse lit up and no fans. But with the cpu the mouse did not light up. I tryed using the motherboard speaker and it did not sound, even when i turned it on with no ram. Im thinking its the cpu or motherboard any ideas. I also dont have any spare parts and tryed moving the ram.
Specs
CPU: ryzen 5 2600x
CPU cooler: Zalman Performa Black
Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350m-e
Ram: G.Skill ageris 2400mhz (2x8gb)
SSD/HDD: none
GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 2080 super
PSU: thermaltake smart 700w
Monitor: element... Somthing

Images
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/VIUq85n

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, I think I see a Thermaltake Smart PSU in there, you should relace that with a reliably built unit instead of using something that's equivalent to a a firestarter.

Second, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Apr 23, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

First off, I think I see a Thermaltake Smart PSU in there, you should relace that with a reliably built unit instead of using something that's equivalent to a a firestarter.

Second, when posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.
Ok, and i dont know the bios verson of the motherboard. I bought the motherboard from a person with a ryzen 5 1500x, so the bios should work with a 2600x. And i maybe would replace the psu, but im looking for the problem thats not making the pc start. I have used a far amount of thermaltake smarts and so far they worked very well for me this is my 4th one, well... as long it wont actually start a fire.