[SOLVED] No post, no beeps, hd led blinks periodically

HeadSh00tZ

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
Hello, so my pc worked fine until today when i tried to boot it. Fans are spinning, there is no post, and no beeps. Both red and green leds are working on mb.

This is what happens in detail if it helps:
  1. I press the power button and fans start working, rear case fan is not yet working and hdd led turns on for about 3s
  2. After 3 seconds, rear case fan turns on and hdd led turns off
  3. It just stays like that for around 5 seconds
  4. Hdd led flashes for a half a second and my keyboard leds turn off and back on at the same time as hdd led
  5. Back to step 3

What i did notice is that if i plug out the power cable from psu for a longer time, like 3-4 hours it does boot, but i feel like this wont happen every time and eventuality it wont boot at all.

Thanks.

Solution
Hmm i think i may have a similar problem to yours because i was trying to fix a broken p5q pro and it works after removing some thermal paste that was shorting some contacts, when i insert only one stick it posts 90% of the time but when its 2 sticks in dual channel it posts only 20-50% of the time so i think my mobo hates my ram so you should try changing your ram with a different ram or overvolt it, if you are using ddr2 then 1.9-2.2v, ddr3 = 1.8-1.9v (dont follow the ddr3 one, i have no experience in lga 775 with ddr3), i hope that helps and is your motherboard a low end one like g41 or p41 or is it a high end one like a p45 or x48?

HeadSh00tZ

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
Hey, same thing, just without hdd led because i plugged it out

My specs are:
Q9400 2.66ghz
Gtx750ti
Intel mb, not sure about model
Gigatech 550W PSU - i got it couple years ago

HeadSh00tZ

Reputable
Apr 5, 2017
Ok. So this is a RAM or motherboard issue.

What is the RAM? One stick? Two? If two or more, can you try one at a time?
I tried with 1 and its all the same. After leaving computer do its thing for 30 minutes more or less, it booted. But I think that is also random, because i tried doing that again and it didnt work. It's weird.

idkwhattonamethisacc

Great
BANNED
Oct 31, 2020
Hmm i think i may have a similar problem to yours because i was trying to fix a broken p5q pro and it works after removing some thermal paste that was shorting some contacts, when i insert only one stick it posts 90% of the time but when its 2 sticks in dual channel it posts only 20-50% of the time so i think my mobo hates my ram so you should try changing your ram with a different ram or overvolt it, if you are using ddr2 then 1.9-2.2v, ddr3 = 1.8-1.9v (dont follow the ddr3 one, i have no experience in lga 775 with ddr3), i hope that helps and is your motherboard a low end one like g41 or p41 or is it a high end one like a p45 or x48?

Solution