Jan 28, 2020
So when i finally thought all of the drama was gone, i have a new problem!!! This week i had so many problems with my pc so i had to replace my harddrive and had to install windows again. So i did that, but at the part that could choose wich windows version u wanted i chose windows 10 pro, but turns out i had windows 10 home on my old harddrive, but now i dont have a product key! What do i have to do?

Solution
okay thanks for your help, but i used to have windows 7 on my old harddrive, windows 10 on that harddrive is just 1 year old. So do i have to enter the code thats on the side of my pc? Because that is probably a windows 7 code? Or do i just have to log in and will it somehow know that i already bought windows 10?
If it had been fully activated in Win 10, you do not need the license key for a reinstall.
When it asks, skip that section and continue.

It will activate itself when it goes online later.

Win 10 Home this time.

Jan 28, 2020
Reinstall Windows, choose the Home version this time. When asked for the product key, enter that you do not have one. It will connect to the internet and activate within a day or two (if your previous Home key was valid).

Or, buy a Pro version key.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/windows

Edit: Oops, posted at same time.
okay thanks for your help, but i used to have windows 7 on my old harddrive, windows 10 on that harddrive is just 1 year old. So do i have to enter the code thats on the side of my pc? Because that is probably a windows 7 code? Or do i just have to log in and will it somehow know that i already bought windows 10?

USAFRet

Titan
If it had been fully activated in Win 10, you do not need the license key for a reinstall.
When it asks, skip that section and continue.

It will activate itself when it goes online later.

Win 10 Home this time.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS