Jun 1, 2021
Hey guys, I'm having an issue. My son says his computer video went out while he was gaming. His setup is:
Intel core i5 9600k
Asus prime z390-a motherboard
Asus rog geforce rtx 2070 super
Corsair rm650x power supply
Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4 dram
Elgado HD60 video capture card
Ssd and hdd
When I first got my hands on it the lights would come on but the fans wouldn't. I took all the connections for everything off and hooked back up. I repeated this step multiple times. I tried taking out the gpu and using the onboard graphics but still no video. I replaced the motherboard battery and the fans started working after that but still no video. There is no beeps when I power up the computer. All the fan lights, fans, gpu fans and lights all come on. None of the diagnostic lights come on on the motherboard. I have tried removing the ram one stick at a time and switching ports for the ram also. I'm currently removing the motherboard battery for 10+ minutes for a cmos/bios reset. One thing I did notice was a damaged USB port. The wafer that separates the USB prongs was missing and the prongs were touching each other. I unplugged these two USB ports from the motherboard. These two ports are the extra ones located on the front of the computer. I also hooked up a charger to the motherboard USB ports to make sure I had power there and I do. I have a multi-meter but haven't checked voltage from the gpu yet. I can include video and pics if needed. Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: