• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question No Video from GPU or Motherboard

Jun 1, 2021
Hey guys, I'm having an issue. My son says his computer video went out while he was gaming. His setup is:
Intel core i5 9600k
Asus prime z390-a motherboard
Asus rog geforce rtx 2070 super
Corsair rm650x power supply
Corsair vengeance lpx 16gb ddr4 dram
Elgado HD60 video capture card
Ssd and hdd
When I first got my hands on it the lights would come on but the fans wouldn't. I took all the connections for everything off and hooked back up. I repeated this step multiple times. I tried taking out the gpu and using the onboard graphics but still no video. I replaced the motherboard battery and the fans started working after that but still no video. There is no beeps when I power up the computer. All the fan lights, fans, gpu fans and lights all come on. None of the diagnostic lights come on on the motherboard. I have tried removing the ram one stick at a time and switching ports for the ram also. I'm currently removing the motherboard battery for 10+ minutes for a cmos/bios reset. One thing I did notice was a damaged USB port. The wafer that separates the USB prongs was missing and the prongs were touching each other. I unplugged these two USB ports from the motherboard. These two ports are the extra ones located on the front of the computer. I also hooked up a charger to the motherboard USB ports to make sure I had power there and I do. I have a multi-meter but haven't checked voltage from the gpu yet. I can include video and pics if needed. Any advice you guys can give would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS