pyromaniac13_

Honorable
Nov 20, 2014
I was hoping you guys could help me out with this. I've done everything I can think to do, and I've done everything google research told me to do. I have gigabit internet with att, a new gateway from them (BGW210), and a Netgear R6260 Gigabit router. I have cat 6 cables all around. My nic is gigabit capable. But the best speeds I've been able to get is 200mbps to 300mbps.

My xbox one hit speeds of 900mbps, my phone got 500 over wifi, and the att tech read 900 from the router. Here's what I've done :
  • Install new gigabit ethernet card
  • Run network troubleshooting
  • Tried using just the att router
  • Disabled firewall
  • Tried different ethernet cords
  • Updated and reinstalled drivers
  • Tried setting the speed/duplex to 1gbps as well as left it on autonegotiate
  • Verified that the link speed in my adapter status reads 1gbps
  • Reinstalled windows
  • Tested speed using different services and different servers
  • Tried disabling autotuninglevel. That kicked my speed down to 50
  • Tested in safe mode with networking
After all this the best speed I could hit was 400mbps but that was from one specific server. Every other test was between 200 and 300. My new nic has a link speed LED indicator, and it stays on green, which is supposed to mean 100. Yellow would be 1000, but I haven't seen it turn yellow at all. At this point i'm thinking its either a hard drive or motherboard issue. But after running all sorts of tests (troubleshooting, chkdsk, ect) I've gotten no results and nothing that gives me a clear answer. What do you guys think?

Specs:
OS - Windows 10 64bit
CPU - Intel G645 2.80
Hard drive - ST1000DM003-9YN162
Ram - 8GB (Corsair 4GBx2)
NIC - EDUP PCI-E, with Realtek PCIe GbE Ethernet Controller

PC is a Lenovo Ideacentre k410, all stock except for PSU, GPU, RAM, and NIC. Old ethernet port is built into the motherboard, and even that said it was gigabit capable.

Edit: I forgot to mention that for a while, my upload speed was at 900 while the DL was 200-300. That was really odd to me, but now the UL matches the DL for the most part.

Last edited:
It may not be your issue but microsoft messed something up again with their patches for some people.

There is a feature called autotune is cuasing issues for some people. It should only affect http traffic but it seems to be more than that.

Try
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Some people have set it to disable and then back to normal and that seems to have helped issues like this.

pyromaniac13_

Honorable
Nov 20, 2014
It may not be your issue but microsoft messed something up again with their patches for some people.

There is a feature called autotune is cuasing issues for some people. It should only affect http traffic but it seems to be more than that.

Try
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

Some people have set it to disable and then back to normal and that seems to have helped issues like this.
I already tried that.

Latest posts