Nvidia CEO: Apple Uses the Best Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

amabhy

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Oh please. Another PR rant.

We can be sure that if Apple decided to go all ATI, they would be saying the exact opposite and that Nvidia would be all for Intel and against AMD.

GoldenEyeX

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
"Apple says to their customers: if you buy a computer from us you can be sure we have selected the best technology inside for you."

WTF?!?

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I suppose it's one of the reason now there is a "new" GTX 285 for Mac now lol, usually you have ATI stuff in Mac computer no!??? It's kinda confusing but I am no Mac expert so what do I know :) Somebody could clarify???

foody

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Apple? The same company that supports 10% of Nvidia products?

Most irrelevant reasoning I've ever heard. Marcus will have this posted on a Mac lover site that he works for in a few minutes, I'm sure.

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
Best technology huh? then tell me why when I was pricing gaming laptops between alienware vs apple, granted for two different laptops with the same cpu/ram/ssd I was supprised they were priced within 50 bucks...EXCEPT the apple comes with a 9600m gt graphics and the alienware comes with crossfired 4870's?! for 50 bucks less!

I know its alienware/dell but i used it to prove a point.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]ubernoobie[/nom]then where are the i7s and 5870 crossfires from apple? i've never seen one[/citation]
You can get a i7 now in the 27" iMac if you wish.

gr33nf00t

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Apple says to their customers: if you buy a computer from us you can be sure we have selected the best technology inside for you if you like to be unable to upgrade and switch out parts and instead drop over 2 grand every couple of years.
Fixed.

G

He is just afraid Apple will go back to ATI. In fact the latest iMac one model I think has ATI graphics.Why yes, the more expensive iMac's now have ATI graphics so I guess Apple does choose the best for their best!

Silluete

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2009
I don't want jump in the hatewagon. But a news from apple fansite? really?
why don't make new section called "blog" in this site eh?

Glorian

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]You can get a i7 now in the 27" iMac if you wish.[/citation]

Good point but you can you keep keep the screen and replace the i7-860 when newer ones come out, or overclock it, maybe you want to upgrade the best card they offer which is only a 4850 to a 5870? I think not.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Apple doesn't use the best technology. They just use the best technology that Nvidia has to offer. If Mac's used the best technology they would have ATI inside.

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
hehe better be careful of backpedaling when Nvidia announces to use Intel chipsets next time, or AMD/ATI.

Didn't know the Nvidia CEO was such a Mac guy. Surprising in someways from a company with a large focus on PC graphics power and modding.

It's true, Apple generally uses very good components and builds at very high quality. But he said Mac about 10 times in the last few sentences which seems a little obsessive. Maybe he needs to plug Apple since their computers are selling hotter than NVIDIA stuff on the PC side right now, eh?

ViPr

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
it is very interesting that he uses macs. for someone whose business is about catering to gamers, you would think he should be a game player himself. oh well, there's still ATI.

Status
Not open for further replies.