Jun 9, 2021
Where to begin? A few months ago I purchased an NVME (Silicon Power 256GB) from Newegg and tried installing it as a boot drive on my pc. I formatted the drive and cloned my current HDD onto it. That process worked fine but I was still unable to boot from it. It would always say "Reboot and select proper boot device...". I tried doing a fresh Windows 10 install with no other drives connected. Still the same problem. I changed from UEFI to Legacy and back again countless times, and tried disabling CSM which caused the drive to not show up at all. I've done bootrec commands and formatted the EFI partition all through the recovery environment. I don't know what else to do. I even tried all this with another drive a Samaung 860 EVO SSD in case the M.2 was faulty or the slot in the motherboard was messed up but still no luck with either. I'm not sure what else to do and I don't know how to figure out where the problem is coming from.

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-a320m-s2h
Ryzen 5 2600
GeForce GTX 970
NVME Silicon power 256GB
SSD Samsung 860 EVO

Jun 9, 2021
did you use the latest windows 10 installation media from MS website?
latest motherboard bios??
I used the latest version, and I also went back and used version 1703. And latest motherboard bios were in April 2020. I was gonna try to do a bios update but I couldn't get my drive to boot because it said the MBR was missing from it.