Question Occasional black screen

Nov 28, 2020
Hi, my pc occasionally gets a back screen and stops output to the monitor then back to black screen for 2 - 5 mins. Then it restarts but won't completely restart and get stuck on the loading screen. Then when I turn it off with the button then back on again it works absolutely fine. I have ran The Valley graphics benchmark and it did fine, same for intel's cpu diagnostic tool and HCI's memory test. I'm pretty sure its the HDD since the pc is 3 -4 years old and the HDD itself is really quite loud. Does anyone have any tips on what it could be?Before I replace the hard drive?

Intel Core i5-4460
Geforce Gtx 960
Seagate BarraCuda 3.5 - 1TB

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020
Hi, my pc occasionally gets a back screen and stops output to the monitor then back to black screen for 2 - 5 mins. Then it restarts but won't completely restart and get stuck on the loading screen. Then when I turn it off with the button then back on again it works absolutely fine. I have ran The Valley graphics benchmark and it did fine, same for intel's cpu diagnostic tool and HCI's memory test. I'm pretty sure its the HDD since the pc is 3 -4 years old and the HDD itself is really quite loud. Does anyone have any tips on what it could be?Before I replace the hard drive?

Intel Core i5-4450
Geforce Gtx 960
Seagate BarraCuda 3.5 - 1TB
On reflection the whole system is 5 - 6 years old.