OC'd X800XTPE beats 2 GF6800Us in SLI

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
remember the fights in Hot Shots 1, wherein the bar, one guy shouts - "bar fight", and then everybody starts hitting somebody or the other for no reason. How abt that ? K-Y sounds GAY as long as no chicks are in the fight.

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/Finger.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Click <font color=blue><A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">HERE</A></font color=blue> if you real<b>l</b>y are an <font color=red>idiot</font color=red>.

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
Dont say i didnt warn you, the best part is you asked for it, and if you think im being a hypocrite because i made a witty comment you got another thing comming, and yeah we will see just exactly how the Mods feel about that, btw i will post the copy of the letter after you get banned for everyone to see. Have a nice day.

pauldh

Illustrious
Quite honestly, if you want to watch every word you say, "without spending a retarded amount of money" is highly offensive to anyone who has a handicapped or special needs child. Maybe after attempting to ban everyone who offends you, you should watch saying quotes like that. I suggest you swallow your pride, give this all a rest, and think about who You may be offending.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
I decided to reiterate what the argument is over because people probably dont want to take the time to read the entire post.
This is so unrealistic its ludicrous, the guy used a Cascade Compressor system, which needless to say no one has, so any benchmarking done with that setup is bullshit because no one can duplicate it without spending a retarded amount of money for the cooling setup which no one is going to do, so NEXT...
Grapes reply was (In part) and this is the part im not happy about, that offended me.
Now as to your saying it's unrealistic, it reminds me of the character from princess bridge who keep saying 'inconceivable' without really understanding what it means.

That you don't understand what the rest fo us are talking about doesn't make it unrealistic, bullshit or retarded, it simply means that you should move on to something else and leave the mature discussion to the rest of us. So STFU!
I could have sworn you just implied i dont have a 6th grade education, i make one comment about someone being a fanatic in a fun rib poking kind of way and you insult me, lets count them 5 times in two paragraphs. man you have serious problems. Then you go on to insult me more in a later post which further proves the level of maturity im dealing with from you.
So is your post. You can dish it out, but you can't take it. What a hypocrite.
There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about my statements.

So you want to try and turn this around, and take the attention off of yourself, and make me out to be the bad guy? So sorry it isnt going to work. I said one word, you have said paragraphs full of disrespectfull ammunition i can use against you, and you say your a smart guy, ROFL

RichPLS

Champion
Do you come from the land of NO free speach?
I guess I don't see the conflict?

Mom, Grape's picking on me agin.
GO TO YOUR ROOM, THE BOTH OF YOU, AND DONT COME OUT UNTIL YOU BOTH SHAKE HANDS AND HUG AND BE FRIENDS.
JUST WAIT TILL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME!!!!

gheez

========================
Try everything...
Do not be afraid of failure, for this is how we learn and grow...
Live life to the fullest...
Do not regret what you have not yet done!!!

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
How about i request that both me and grape be banned, i am willing to go down with the ship to get this accomplished, that is the measure of my resolve. Also, as i am man enough to admit my mistakes, if i have ever offended anyone with anything i have ever written in this forum, I apologize. Unfortunately you wont see this sort of gesture from TheGreatGrapeApe, even though he said he would apologize if i did.
I guess not everyone is man enough to take responsibility for their mistakes.

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
jee-sus. It's a forum. Get over it.

Grape has posted a great deal of useful information, and has spent many hours of his own time on his (ongoing) catalyst driver revision thread, which has been (and continues to be) helpful to lots of people, including me.

He is a bit blunt at times, but he has made a far larger contribution to these forums than most, including you or me.

You <i>are</i> being childish. I can't see any mod banning someone with his record just on your say-so, because he made a couple of comments which hurt your feelings. If you feel he's wrong about you, <i>prove it to him</i>.

If people got banned for merely calling someone else an idiot, there'd be no-one left here at all.

---
Epox 8RDA+ V1.1 w/ Custom NB HS
XP1700+ @200x10 (~2Ghz), 1.4 Vcore
2x256Mb Corsair PC3200LL/1x512Mb Corsair XMS PC4000 2.5-3-3-7
Sapphire 9800Pro (VGA Silencer Rev3) @418/742

RichPLS

Champion
You decide,
Make a difference....

<A HREF="http://forumz.tomshardware.com/community/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=42419#42419" target="_new"> 2 Ban or not 2 Ban? </A>

========================
Try everything...

pauldh

Illustrious
I think you are going overboard and missing the point. I was just seeing if you were aware of how an innocent seeming comment to some can offend others. If you want to get yourself banned, fine. But we should all be careful before thinking about getting another non-trolling member banned.

Anyway, It is a graphics card forum, and terms like fanATIc and NVidot are fueding words. Sometimes (rarely) they are justifiable. Othertimes, use them and be prepared to put up your gloves. If you call someone either, make sure it's true and everyone agrees, or be prepared to take some slack because of it. Using certailn terms (names) is bound to get you jumped on. If I go on a Truck Enthusiasts forum and post about how Dodge Rams blow, I can expect to get lashed out at right. Even though in this case I am right and everyone knows that Fords RULE. :lol: Even here in Geekville I am bound to get lashed at for that one.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 1GB Corsair XMS 4000 Pro Series, Radeon 9800 Pro, Santa Cruz, TruePower 430watt

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Xeen make me laught a lot. Keep up with this, its realy funny hahahaha

Click <font color=blue><A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">HERE</A></font color=blue> if you real<b>l</b>y are an <font color=red>idiot</font color=red>.

cleeve

Illustrious
For some reason, I still seem to have an account.

Even after a double-dog dare! To a guy who KNOWS THE GUYS AT THG!!!!!!!!!!

I bet Grape still has his account, too.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
chill guys, going too far now. lets stick to graphics, that slimy part of the system that make people shell out money or curse futuremark !

:tongue: <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/priyajeet/Finger.jpg" target="_new"><i><font color=red>Very funny, Scotty.</font color=red><font color=blue> Now beam down my clothes.</font color=blue></i></A> :tongue:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
who says ludacris is unrealistic. I like his songs that are very much real.

you have no taste

-------
<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
Brand name whores are stupid!

Acert93

Distinguished
May 29, 2003
XeenRecoil,

Please hear me out (this is not intended as a flame, but a request to consider your comments). I think the replies you have recieved are based on your comments--I think they are inflamitory, and that is why people have responded the way they have. Beyond your <b>fanATIc</b> comment (which is uncalled for, even if you think it is witty), note the bolds from your own comments:

"This is so <b>unrealistic</b> its <b>ludicrous</b>, the guy used a Cascade Compressor system, <b>which needless to say no one has</b>, so any benchmarking done with that setup is <b>bullshit</b> because <b>no one can duplicate it without spending a retarded amount of money</b> for the cooling setup <b>which no one is going to do</b>, so NEXT..."

Remember, the ATi OC response was in reply to nVidia releasing benchmarks of 2 6800Ultras in SLI. This is the setting of your comments. Now I will try to break down WHY some of us are offended by your replies.

Breakdown:

<b>unrealistic</b> It is real, and thus realistic. If you mean unrealistic as in impractical, the reality is (a) they exist in the enthusist market where SLI is marketed, and (b) is infinately more available than SLI at the moement. Since your comments are chiding this OC compared to a product not available it is very one sided.

<b>ludicrous</b> No more ludicrous than nVidia releasing benchmarks from hardware setups unavailable at the present time. Actually, since it is possible and available, it is less ludicrous than the nVidia SLI setup. Personally, I think the SLI thing is overblown (reasons in my post above). They have been singing about it for what, almost 4 months? And yet no product. Releasing benchmarks on a product not available is not really fair... it would have been funny if ATI had released benchies for their R520 :) Now that would be about as ludicrous.

<b>which needless to say no one has</b> This is a <i>FALSE</i> statement. While it would have been nice for someone to politely correct you, this forum seems to have a very short tolerance for fanboy statements that are in error, especially when coupled with statements like...

<b>bullshit</b> This is uncalled for. If you use tough/offensive language, do not complain when others retort in kind. Best way to get respect is to give respect. Anyhow, as in my reply, ATi's response is LESS "bullshit" than nVidia's because I can get a multistage cooling system. They exist, they can be purchased. SLI cannot. Who is selling the cow pies now??

<b>no one can duplicate it without spending a <i>retarded</i> amount of money</b> XeenRecoil, lets consider the cost of a SLI system:

6800 Ultra ($560) x 2 = $1120 @ newegg.com *
Tumwater PCIe MB x 1 = $441 @ ewiz.com
Xeon 3.2GHz 800MHz FSB ($475) x 1 = $475 @ newegg.com
SLI Bridge Chip x 1 = $? (Unavilable)
-------------------------------------
Total Cost: <b><i>$2,036+</b></i>

I could not even find a PCI Express Ultra or GT board on pricewatch. The board I quote above is an AGP board.

Anyhow, your comment about <i>retarded</i> amounts of money is very applicable to the current cost of a dual 6800 Ultra PCIe setup--and yet, with $2k you STILL cannot do SLI. NO BRIDGE CHIP. And good luck finding 2 6800Ultras.

Insane OCs and SLI setups are for the devoted Enthusist market. To begrudge a segment of this market in favor of another, while clearly ignoring the realities of the current circumstances, is not fair--especially with your use of strong language.

<b>which no one is going to do</b> People are and do have multistage cooling systems for insane Overclocks. There is a website devoted to this. NO ONE (that I have heard about) has a nVidia SLI setup. Again, your comment is false.

Overall, your comments are pretty harsh, and some even false. Add in your <b>fanATIc</b> comment and you may see why you have ruffled a few feathers. I am against flaming 100%--so a miscomment is not a reason to flame. Yet people flame on these forums all the time because someone asks a dumb question or makes a mistake. It is sad in my opinion. Flaming someone who flames is counterproductive. But we should try to inform and not defame.

I hope you can see how your comments are inflammitory and can result in negative responses. I agree with someone else here--if you want respect, you need to show respect.

Btw, welcome to the forums and enjoy yourself here. There are a lot of nice, knowledgable people. Everyone has a bad day here or there, but overall most of the guys here are great--especially TheGreatGrapeApe.

Ps- I am not defending nVidia or ATi. I like both companies and products. Some better than others... and have some issues with both in certain areas like marketing and such. Just my opinions... but I am not a nVidiot or fanATIc... I am just a normal idiot and fan :)

I could have sworn you just implied i dont have a 6th grade education,
I never mentioned your education level, I was implying that regardless of your ejumacation level, you're simply being or acting ignorant. That you don't know the difference simply strengthens that belief.

i make one comment about someone being a fanatic in a fun rib poking kind of way and you insult me,
Yes, I did, in a fun poke in the ribs kind of way too, or do you get to define what's insulting? I didn't bring in your geneology or sexual preferences, although I'm sure that'd be a hoot for many here too.

lets count them 5 times in two paragraphs. man you have serious problems.
Of course, it's everyone else but you. I have problems, you have problems, we all have problems, but right now you're other people's problem too.

Then you go on to insult me more in a later post which further proves the level of maturity im dealing with from you.
That you're 'insulted' by chat on an online forum actually shows your level of maturity. Grow up and grow a spine; especially if you want to throw around insults yourself, whether you find them harmless or not. The 'retarded' comment alone proves you're far from sensitive of others here so stop playing the innocent. I didn't attack you oout of the blue like some people here and elsewhere, and I didn't involve anyone but yourself. If you're that sensitive perhaps the .net not a place for you. I suggest you try books.

There is absolutely nothing hypocritical about my statements.
That's always the defence of the ignorant hypocrite. '<i>Hey I don't see anything wrong with it, so what I do is fine, but what you do is wrong</i>". I don't pretend to be innocent, but then again I'm not the one bitching and whining about others needing to get involved to clean up my own mess.

So you want to try and turn this around, and take the attention off of yourself,
Sure that's it, you didn't bring the spotlight on yourself, I was the only one who noticed your post (obviously since we're the only two people here).

and make me out to be the bad guy?
Nah, you managed that all buy yourself. But it's not like you're the bad guyy and I'm the good guy. We're botht the bad guy in this case, but you're outmatched for sure, because while I'm usually the good guy, I've got enough bad guy experience to sink to your level and lower.

I said one word, you have said paragraphs full of disrespectfull ammunition i can use against you, and you say your a smart guy, ROFL
See there you go making more mistakes, I never said I'm 'a smart guy', but I am saying you're not, and you prove it with ever post you add to this thread. I'll let you bury yourself with your own words, as I'm sure whomever you decide to involve in your personal squabbles will see it as just that, something YOU need to figure out for yourself because of your own actions. Good luck with that!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
I never said I'm 'a smart guy', but I am saying you're not
Thats the sort of blatent disrespect im talking about, what is wrong with you? Ya know what though thats just fine you go ahead and keep insulting people, i hope you do because one day you are going to insult the wrong person in the real world and they are going to kick your ass up into your eye teeth, and no matter how big and bad you think you are there is always someone bigger and badder, if you dont believe me look at mike tyson as an example.
Have a nice day. Im done posting on this post, and btw i am going ahead with my petition to get you banned and me along with you if i have to.

I will apologize, but not to you.

My apology is to the forum, not for something I said here (as we're mostly adults and can take the ebb and flow of quality discussion), but for having to witness such a waste of time.

Ban or no ban, means little to me. But I definitely will not cower at the threat of a ban from the likes of you!

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

RichPLS

Champion
Why on earth would one petition to get one's self banned anyway? Just in the hopes of getting someone else banned? I would not think that offering yourself up as the sacrifice to aid in getting others banned would carry much weight with anyone.

You can ban yourself...
No petitions required.
Easy, Just don't click here...

<b> <i> Xeen Don't Live Here Anymore </i> </b>
You've abandoned me, <b> Xeen </b> don't live here anymore
Just a vacancy, <b> Xeen </b> don't live here anymore
When you lived inside me, there was nothing I could conceive
That you wouldn't do for me
Troubles seemed so far away
You changed that right away baby

Through the window of my mind
Everyone could see
The loneliness inside of me
Why ya have to go away
Find another place to stay another home

========================
Try everything...

what is wrong with you?
Alot really, why, are you pristine? What I'm most concerned about is that it burns when I pee. I think I've been hanging around GW too much, either that or he gave it to Eden who gave it to me!

one day you are going to insult the wrong person in the real world and they are going to kick your ass up into your eye teeth
Well that's mighty violent of you, I guess frustrated children act that way. Interesting society and the law understand the concept of 'stick and stones' and that words only have the power YOU invest in them.

Personally I can give as good as I get on both fronts, and I don't do it for kicks unless it's with someone like you.

if you dont believe me look at mike tyson as an example.
Or better yet, an example of someone who has difficulty articulating and resorts to threats and violence out of frustration like yourself.

and btw i am going ahead with my petition to get you banned and me along with you if i have to.
Have at 'er. But I thought you 'knew' pleople, now you have to make a petition and organize. Guess you couldn't get the support of anyone with any real influence. Likely they would've laughed it off and said, fight your own battles.

Either way you have a nice day too.

And as Omegadrive says, 'may God bless and keep all those who enter this thread', for they've already been punished through no fault of their own.

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
lets hijack this thread.
so u dont like hip hop, oh i guess GAY guys like pop, britney spears :wink:

coylter

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2003
Wth was that ^^

priyajeet

Distinguished
May 21, 2004
phial posted

In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
who says ludacris is unrealistic. I like his songs that are very much real.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you have no taste

Xeon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2004
LoL dont feel bad buddy they always do this circle jerk crap to people they dont like. I got it too but like I care this is a forum in germany. Least the Germans can enjoy this crap.

Xeon

<font color=red>Post created with being a dickhead in mind.</font color=red>
<font color=white>For all emotional and slanderous statements contact THG for all law suits.</font color=white>