tempuser_144

Reputable
Jan 12, 2018
I just brought a laptop for convenience when I travel away from home. File synchronization is handy however what isn't and is rather frustrating is the fact that One Drive spits out everything I have on my Desktop PC onto the laptop. Its one thing when the Monitor is 32" and the laptop is 15.6" so good luck for me navigating and organizing, but its another thing when I only want certain files to get synchronized over, or alternatively have a separate folder where everything can be stashed away and not dumped onto the desktop itself. Anyone who understands One Drive and can offer me assistance? Thank you

Solution
The FIRST thing I do on a clean install or reset is to uninstall One Drive.

If you have a Google account you have 15GB of storage on Drive which doesn't auto sync the same way, so you can choose what you wish to share.
I just brought a laptop for convenience when I travel away from home. File synchronization is handy however what isn't and is rather frustrating is the fact that One Drive spits out everything I have on my Desktop PC onto the laptop. Its one thing when the Monitor is 32" and the laptop is 15.6" so good luck for me navigating and organizing, but its another thing when I only want certain files to get synchronized over, or alternatively have a separate folder where everything can be stashed away and not dumped onto the desktop itself. Anyone who understands One Drive and can offer me assistance? Thank you
One Drive is Microsoft's cloud storage.

D

Deleted member 14196

Set it to stop syncing your desktop. It’s as plain as day in the settings and you can turn it off

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador

If you have a Google account you have 15GB of storage on Drive which doesn't auto sync the same way, so you can choose what you wish to share.

Solution

tempuser_144

Reputable
Jan 12, 2018
Set it to stop syncing your desktop. It’s as plain as day in the settings and you can turn it off
thats half the problem solved. why then if i do the same over on the PC, all the apps that were originally on the PC dissapear? like ffs, i dont want apps from PC to be on the laptop and vice versa yet apps from PC still dissapeared? i dont f know

D

Deleted member 14196

Copy them to a new folder all of your shortcuts and turn it off on both pc. then restore your desktop I need PC From your back up folder

tempuser_144

Reputable
Jan 12, 2018

Guess I'll go with this option, a lot easier and doesn't cause a havoc. Thank you