Question One of my fans is not working correctly ?

Apr 19, 2024
Hello friends. I've had this problem with one of my fans before, but it hasn't happened in a long time, so I was hoping it wouldn't happen again. But today it happened again and now I have a video of it!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uR5RxbeZiGwfyhGXCAV0MzoRZzkv33R8/view?usp=drive_link

I would be very grateful for any kind of help!
Cheers!

Edit: The sound is there, but for some reason it is very quiet. IRL the sound is much louder

Hello friends. I've had this problem with one of my fans before, but it hasn't happened in a long time, so I was hoping it wouldn't happen again. But today it happened again and now I have a video of it!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uR5RxbeZiGwfyhGXCAV0MzoRZzkv33R8/view?usp=drive_link

I would be very grateful for any kind of help!
Cheers!

Edit: The sound is there, but for some reason it is very quiet. IRL the sound is much louder
I have no access to your Google drive. Can't you just explain what problem is ?

Apr 19, 2024
I have no access to your Google drive. Can't you just explain what problem is ?
Sorry, I fixed it so now you should have access. The Problem is that the one fan is spinning very slow and makes a very loud sound. Like I have to turn my Pc off because of it. But when I turn my Pc back on again its fine.. very weird. This problem occurs very irregularly.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If this fan is a few years old, what you describe sounds like worn bearings. Typical symptom pattern of that is:
1. Fan starts to make odd noise when it first starts up after being off for a long time. Noise lasts a short time, then stops. If you reboot there is no noise. But if you shut down for a long time so everything cools off, the noise is there again for a short time after boot.
2. As time goes on (over a few months), the initial noise lasts for longer and longer, but does stop eventually.
3. At some point the noise is always there.
4. In the end, the fan seizes up altogether and makes NO noise because it does not turn at all.

If that's the pattern you see developing but it still does not make noise all the time, then this is the time to replace the fan. There is no way to repair it, and you can NOT add oil to fix it. Be sure to replace BEFORE it seizes up so you have no cooling from it.