[SOLVED] Only Youtube is my buffering problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthijsv98

Distinguished
May 14, 2014
I see all kinds of problems and fixes for my constant buffering on YT, but I thinks this is a next level problem.
I play a video, goes on for 30-60 seconds and won't preload further and then buffers infinitely.
I go back 5 seconds and then it will preload again and I can watch for another 20 seconds untill it buffers again.
My internet is fine, good bandwith, no problems with other programs such as games or watching Twitch
Things I have done:
-Cleared up every browser (Chrome) history and cookies etc.
-Scanned for spyware
-Reset my router
-Removed my pc from port forward before router reset.
-Tried the Google DNS
-Deleted Temp Files.

I'm out of luck and don't know what to do anymore, any ideas?

Solution
So, this also happens if you use another browser like Edge or Firefox?

Are you using an aftermarket AV solution or a VPN, anything like that?

I had an issue some time back where Google Chrome simply would not load for me. I kept getting the "Aw Snap" message. Other browsers worked fine.
It ended up being an issue with the AV solution I use for the work machines and Chrome. If I installed older versions of Chrome it was fine. If I disabled the AV solution it was fine with the updated browser. I lucked across information about it, did a version update for my AV solution and the issue resolved.
I don't say this in regard to saying this IS THE issue you are having, but to say that you might have to think outside the box and do some...

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
So, this also happens if you use another browser like Edge or Firefox?

Are you using an aftermarket AV solution or a VPN, anything like that?

I had an issue some time back where Google Chrome simply would not load for me. I kept getting the "Aw Snap" message. Other browsers worked fine.
It ended up being an issue with the AV solution I use for the work machines and Chrome. If I installed older versions of Chrome it was fine. If I disabled the AV solution it was fine with the updated browser. I lucked across information about it, did a version update for my AV solution and the issue resolved.
I don't say this in regard to saying this IS THE issue you are having, but to say that you might have to think outside the box and do some creative searching to find it.

GL

Solution

microtank

Commendable
Mar 26, 2021
Exceeding bandwidth or you’re on a 5 ghz frequency. Both can cause problems. A cellphone can use all 1000 mbps if it can get it. In my opinion a cellphone only needs 5 mbps. But meh. I force my 2 main devices to have restricted bandwidth. Phone is forced 2 mbps, and PC is forced to 4 mbps. I ran 7 devices on 6 mbps before. 4 games and 3 videos on 480p. No ping spikes or dropped connections, and no buffering. “It” can be done.

I have access to 600 mbps. But a 2.4 ghz frequency on the 802.11 g frequency provides enough bandwidth for device in 1080p and gaming.

5 ghz, 802.11 AC is heavily reliant on nodes and if the nodes can physically see each other and if the device like a laptop can physically see it.

matthijsv98

Distinguished
May 14, 2014
Exceeding bandwidth or you’re on a 5 ghz frequency. Both can cause problems. A cellphone can use all 1000 mbps if it can get it. In my opinion a cellphone only needs 5 mbps. But meh. I force my 2 main devices to have restricted bandwidth. Phone is forced 2 mbps, and PC is forced to 4 mbps. I ran 7 devices on 6 mbps before. 4 games and 3 videos on 480p. No ping spikes or dropped connections, and no buffering. “It” can be done.

I have access to 600 mbps. But a 2.4 ghz frequency on the 802.11 g frequency provides enough bandwidth for device in 1080p and gaming.

5 ghz, 802.11 AC is heavily reliant on nodes and if the nodes can physically see each other and if the device like a laptop can physically see it.
Oh I'm sorry you didnt read the replies before you replied yourself... but it's neither of those

Aug 12, 2021
Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin... There are many social networks, both for business people and for other people. This technological revolution, which has settled in everyone's lives in the last half-century, will continue expanding and capturing much of their free time. And on youtube with the help of https://loader.to . I usually watch videos while I go somewhere by car or on a trip, most of the time, I put my music on the phone to be offline, so I can put it in the car. Do you use music downloading from youtube?

Status
Not open for further replies.