Question Overclocking causing windows 10 to not load!

Yaz_

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Hey guys,
A few hours ago, I changed my ram settings through my bios from the stock speed to XMP. When I went to save and exit, it came up with a confirmation for the changes I made and one of them was bclk frequency from 104 to 100 which I don't remember changing. I restarted my windows but all I get is a black screen, no splash screen or anything, then the computer restarts after about 3 mins or so. I switched it off and unplugged the PSU and restarted it, and it said "overclocking failed, please change your settings in the bios", so I went into the bios and set the settings to default but I was still getting the same issue. I then performed a CMOS clear, which resulted in my pc restarting after 5 seconds of it being on, which then took me to a page saying "when RAID configuration was built, ensure to set SATA configuration to RAID mode. Press F1 to Run Setup". Once i reached the BIOS, i opened the boot menu to make sure it was in the correct order, which it was. I then double clicked the the SSD which my windows 10 is using and that loaded windows up just fine. I then restarted my PC to see if it would load by itself, to no surprise, it didn't.
What can i do?

I've got a z170-a LGA1151 motherboard, 16gb ddr4 3000mhz ram, an i7 6700k intel skylake CPU, gtx 970, and a couple of ssd's.

Yaz_

Reputable
Apr 17, 2015
Cmos reset button would be the easiest way to get back up and running, the i/o shield on the back off the computer. If there isn't one you'll have to refer to your motherboards manual and used included jumper to do so that's already on the motherboard.
Tried that multiple times to no avail. All that happens when I switch the pc on is it restarts and goes to BIOS.