May 23, 2017
Hi.
I think my SSD is almost at the end of its life, because I'm having similar issues from my old SSD that was at the end of its life. I tried booting things, Steam, when I load a game it freezes steam and Task Manager can't close it. I then proceed to restart the computer, but only got a spinning circle, so I forced shutdown. When I rebooted, I noticed settings on applications were gone, such as passwords. And I also noticed in the File Explorer, pinned locations were also gone. Why is it doing this? Is this relevant to my SSD's life span?
Thanks...

Is this a 10 year old SSD with 100-200 TB of writes? (Many Intel SSDs will simply refuse to work after a certain amount of writes, actual failures be 'darned'...reach 'x' amount of pre-ordained and certified terabytes written, and bingo, you are done, we are Intel....'go buy buy a new one'!) :)

A good idea to have a monthly or quarterly image of your entire system on a lowly spinning drive for these sorts of scenarios...it takes about 20-30 min to restore a 250 GB image via Clonezilla....

May 23, 2017
Is this a 10 year old SSD with 100-200 TB of writes? (Many Intel SSDs will simply refuse to work after a certain amount of writes, actual failures be 'darned'...reach 'x' amount of pre-ordained and certified terabytes written, and bingo, you are done, we are Intel....'go buy buy a new one'!) :)

A good idea to have a monthly or quarterly image of your entire system on a lowly spinning drive for these sorts of scenarios...it takes about 20-30 min to restore a 250 GB image via Clonezilla....
No. This SSD is about 3 years old. Which I heard is the typical life span of SSD's. The last SSD I had lasted 4 years until running was unbearable. My SSD is a 128gb San Disk.

May 23, 2017
Per forum rules we cannot help with password issues.

That said, the problem may be elsewhere.

Update your post to include full hardware specs and OS.

What applications lost their passwords and pinned locations?
I noticed after that Razer Synapse passwords were gone, and voicemod which I don't really use and I'm just lazy to get rid of. And maybe I wasn't clear enough, by pinned locations I meant the quick access pins.
And my bad also on the specs, I forgot...
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080
Intel core i7 8700
16gb ram
Not sure on PSU or Mobo

I've seen WIndows 10 get in a 'confused state' after a forced power-down, lose all desktop shortcuts, task bar pinnings, after a reboot etc...(granted, this was a relative's older i7-2600T system)

I've merely cleanly shut it down, and it would normally come back up intact...

As that cleared it, there was little chance to guess a root cause...and little motivation to proceed further....

popatim

Titan
This is being moved to our Windows 10 forum since its not an issue with your processor itself.

How sure are you that you are logged into your profile and not a temporary one, ie - you profile is corrupt, which I've seen numerous times.

May 23, 2017
I've seen WIndows 10 get in a 'confused state' after a forced power-down, lose all desktop shortcuts, task bar pinnings, after a reboot etc...(granted, this was a relative's older i7-2600T system)

I've merely cleanly shut it down, and it would normally come back up intact...

As that cleared it, there was little chance to guess a root cause...and little motivation to proceed further....
Huh. For me it never came back. I put back my old passwords and stuff but the pins had to be put back manually.