Question PC black screens and restarts after a while, CPU RED light on mobo, and shocks when turned off ?

Aug 21, 2023
So it all started when i came back after a few days of vacation. I forgot to unplug cable and turn PSU off. It was just turned off in windows with power on and cable plugged. PC now black screens and restarts sometimes after 1 hour of gaming sometimes even earlier. There's also few times it just restarted while browsing Edge. On reboot on the MOBO CPU RED Light turns on than DRAM turns orange and at last VGA turns white. If i turn it off, unplug power and press the shut down button for 30s many times i still get shocked when i try to do anything. PC lasted 1 year without any issue (apart from grinning GPU) but i've noticed while trying to fix this problem that both MOBO GPU and my GPU runned togheter for a year. Now i've disabled it and set my main GPU.

Yesterday i replaced the GPU and nothing changed (old GPU was grinning and making weird noices since the beginning so i decided to replace it with warranty). I tried updating MOBO BIOS, unpluggin repluggin all cables. Tried many software solutions googling errors from event viewer, nothing changed. New PSU is on the way but i don't really know if that is going to solve anything. I'm really saving CPU/MOBO check for last. Before i worsen my situation i would like to hear what you guys think. Here is the build:

MOBO: Pro z690-a DDR4
Processor: Intel i5-12600K
RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO SL DDR4 32 GB (2X16 GB) 3600 MHZ C18
old GPU: EVGA RTX 3060 XC BLACK GAMING
new GPU: MSI RTXTM 4060 Ti VENTUS 3X 8 GB OC
Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1TB SSD M.2 PCIe Gen4 NVMe
PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+
Cooling: Noctua NH-D15
Case: Corsair Airflow 4000D

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Sounds to me like a short knocked out your PSU.
And get liquid cooling for a gaming system FFS.
Also for the price you paid for this rig, buy a CyberPower UPS to protect it.

TRENDING THREADS