Question PC Build 2023 - Upgrading my old Build

vgeorge7000

Honorable
Dec 1, 2017
Hello everyone,

The community has been extremely helpful in the past, so I am reaching out once again. I am looking for suggestions to upgrade my current system (built in 2018).
I'm trying to decide on an approach that would give me the best cost-to-performance ratio. I live in Mumbai, India, and thinking to upgrade because of the sweet price drop in GPU / CPU prices.

Below is the list that I've shortlisted for my next upgrade: Budget (70000 INR - 80000 INR) / (850$ - 975$)
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X 4.6 ghz
Motherboard: MSI B550M Pro-Vdh WiFi
PSU: Corsair CX-M Series, CX750M, Modular Power Supply, 80 Plus Bronze, Black
GPU: Nvidia GTX 3060 TI / Asus or Gigabyte AMD RX 6700XT (lower price, better fps)
CPU Air Cooler: DeepCool AK400
Cabinet: Ant Esports ICE-511 MT

I already have the following from my current upgrade which I'll be using in the new build:
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB - 3000 MHz (x2)
HDD: Seagate New BarraCuda 1 TB
SSD: Kingston a400 SSD 120GB

Also, I have a micro ATX motherboard Asus Prime b450 M-A, wanted to know if this could be used with the next upgrade instead of B550.
I read that there is a bios upgrade that could help with the 5000 series processors, however, I'm doubtful about using this motherboard and whether it will handle the build.
I have a Corsair 550 W Bronze PSU ( but I suppose the PSU won't work if I'm going to overclock as It is likely to cross 550W)

I want a budget build that won't put a hole in my pocket but also have excellent cooling/overall gaming performance.
I'm open to suggestions and willing to learn about your ideas. So please go ahead and tweak the build as per your knowledge.
Thank you in Advance. May you and your gaming PCs remain cool in this crippling hot budget-friendly summer. Cheers.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
B450 board should be fine with a 5600X. Just point a fan at the area around the CPU for extra comfort, or get some loose heatsinks and glue them to each VRM chip with thermal adhesive. A small investment that is cheaper than a new motherboard.

I would recommend a larger SSD. You can get 500GB NVMe drives quite cheaply and 1TB aren't too far behind either.

Memory speed is a little low, but should be alright. You could try some memory overclocking to get that to run at 3200.

6700XT is the superior card certainly.

Reactions: vgeorge7000