Feb 7, 2021
Hello, im having a bit of an issue with my new build, for the first two days everything ran fine no issues what
so ever then all of a sudden after a game crash i loaded the game back up and the whole pc crashed sending me
into a constant boot cycle where my pc cant actually now boot from any device what so ever. Tried it with a flash
drive didnt work same with the ssd os is installed on.

When it posts to the monitor the cpu led goes on for a second or two then the VGA Led then the boot Led leaving the pc
to crash, reboot and then crash again once following this cycle. Ive tried it with one stick of ram and also none and
it still gives me boot errors. trying to diagnose and then reboots also when this all started i was able to get
into advanced settings trying to repair windows and it couldnt and over the days ive been able to do less and less
not getting further than the first loading screen before a reboot, im able to get into the bios and temperatures and
everything seem fine, not really sure what else i could check in the bios anyway?

Specs:
Msi b550m pro vdh wifi
amd ryzen 5 3600
AMD rx 5600 xt mech OC
16GB of Hyperx 3200Mhz cl16
500Gb M.2 nvme drive
tx550m corsair power supply

I would really appreciate if someone could offer me ways forward with this issue, Thanks

Lutfij

Titan
Since your last thread, you seem to now have a TX550M? By the game crashing in the first line...are your referring to the game crashing to desktop or the system reboots?

Which BIOS version are you currently working with and what version of Windows 10 are you on? While in BIOS can you remain there indefinitely?

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021
The game crashed to desktop then when i loaded it back up again i crashed to boot loop

i can remain in bios indefinitely yes

windows 10 64bit, its bios version E7C95AMS.200

also the fans on the cpu cooler and case fans spin the whole time dont turn off when it reboots

Lutfij

Titan
Windows 10 is the OS, 64bit is the architecture, that's not the version. Right click on Start(the button on the bottom left)>System>You should see Windows Specifications>OS Version + OS Build.

Per your motherboard, if you are indeed on Version 20...then you seem to have a number of BIOS updates to go through. The latest is 7C95v26. My suggestion is that you work your way through the BIOS gradually until you reach 7C95v26, i.e, 20>21>22>23>24>25>26.

Out of curiosity, how did you get a hold of the Corsair TX unit, so fast? UEFI enabled on your board, while CSM is disabled?

Feb 7, 2021
Windows 10 is the OS, 64bit is the architecture, that's not the version. Right click on Start(the button on the bottom left)>System>You should see Windows Specifications>OS Version + OS Build.

Per your motherboard, if you are indeed on Version 20...then you seem to have a number of BIOS updates to go through. The latest is 7C95v26. My suggestion is that you work your way through the BIOS gradually until you reach 7C95v26, i.e, 20>21>22>23>24>25>26.

Out of curiosity, how did you get a hold of the Corsair TX unit, so fast? UEFI enabled on your board, while CSM is disabled?
I exchanged it on amazon with next day deliveey

Feb 7, 2021
I was just wondering, if the BIOS is out of date could drivers lead to system crashes and bsod ?
If this is the case can i remove the ssd (with os and drivers) so that the PC willl boot from another drive?

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The LAST thing you want to be messing with is BIOS on an unstable machine. Unless you have a dual BIOS mobo, if it crashes in the midst of that update you have a bricked motherboard.

It would be helpful to list your specs and relay what issues you are having.

Feb 7, 2021
The LAST thing you want to be messing with is BIOS on an unstable machine. Unless you have a dual BIOS mobo, if it crashes in the midst of that update you have a bricked motherboard.

It would be helpful to list your specs and relay what issues you are having.

This is the previous thread:

Hello, im having a bit of an issue with my new build, for the first two days everything ran fine no issues what
so ever then all of a sudden after a game crash i loaded the game back up and the whole pc crashed sending me
into a constant boot cycle where my pc cant actually now boot from any device what so ever. Tried it with a flash
drive didnt work same with the ssd os is installed on.

When it posts to the monitor the cpu led goes on for a second or two then the VGA Led then the boot Led leaving the pc
to crash, reboot and then crash again once following this cycle. Ive tried it with one stick of ram and also none and
it still gives me boot errors. trying to diagnose and then reboots also when this all started i was able to get
into advanced settings trying to repair windows and it couldnt and over the days ive been able to do less and less
not getting further than the first loading screen before a reboot, im able to get into the bios and temperatures and
everything seem fine, not really sure what else i could check in the bios anyway?

Specs:
Msi b550m pro vdh wifi
amd ryzen 5 3600
AMD rx 5600 xt mech OC
16GB of Hyperx 3200Mhz cl16
500Gb M.2 nvme drive
tx550m corsair power supply

I would really appreciate if someone could offer me ways forward with this issue, Thanks