Nov 26, 2021
My PCs has had a problem for months now where when it's doing any loading or anything really the fans go crazy and in the task manager my disk, memory and cpu usage go up really high and sometimes they go up to 100% and it crashes.

Sometimes it gets better after a while and calms down or my PC lags a lot, i can't use the mouse and the screen goes black, sometimes it crashes a bit after launch and sometimes it's okay and I can play games, but downloads take way longer than they used to. The things that weirdly seem to be at the top of the task manager when it's lagging are Antimalware Service Executable and Windows Notification system, and my browser if that's open.

I think it maybe got a little better when I deleted 300GB of stuff off my HDD, and since it started I've replaced my 8 year old HDD and RAM which maybe made it a little better, and i've reinstalled windows, done a virus scan, sfc scannow and chkdsk but the problem remains, so is it my CPU or motherboard or what?

My PCs has had a problem for months now where when it's doing any loading or anything really the fans go crazy and in the task manager my disk, memory and cpu usage go up really high and sometimes they go up to 100% and it crashes.

Sometimes it gets better after a while and calms down or my PC lags a lot, i can't use the mouse and the screen goes black, sometimes it crashes a bit after launch and sometimes it's okay and I can play games, but downloads take way longer than they used to. The things that weirdly seem to be at the top of the task manager when it's lagging are Antimalware Service Executable and Windows Notification system, and my browser if that's open.

I think it maybe got a little better when I deleted 300GB of stuff off my HDD, and since it started I've replaced my 8 year old HDD and RAM which maybe made it a little better, and i've reinstalled windows, done a virus scan, sfc scannow and chkdsk but the problem remains, so is it my CPU or motherboard or what?
Just picking around the edges.
Do you have the proper bios and mobo drivers?
Are your cpu and gpu temps staying in a normal range?

Nov 26, 2021
Just picking around the edges.
Do you have the proper bios and mobo drivers?
Are your cpu and gpu temps staying in a normal range?
Sorry I thought I replied, I don't think any major driver stuff has changed since my PC was fine, and the temperature goes up when the usage also goes up in the task manager but I think it's pretty normal