e.kastellas0907

Commendable
Nov 22, 2018
Hey Guys,

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on this for me.

Ive had my pc for about 4 years now which I built myself.

All of a sudden 2-3 weeks ago I tried to play a game (The Forest) through steam, and upon starting the game my pc would just shut down and restart. All fans, lights and noise stops for 3 seconds then my pc restarts as normal as if I hit the restart button. It'll do this with most games running from steam (heavy graphic games) or for some of them (like Lego games or Minecraft even) it'll let me play but Half way just force quit out of steam and go back to my desktop or restart again.

I just installed a new CPU cooler to see if that was the issue as before I had the one that used to come with the Intel CPU's, Replugged all my power supply cables, reseated my GPU and RAM and am out of ideas. Been frequently updating my windows system but as ive been doing that for a while I do not think its necessarily software related.

Any suggestions would be much much appreciated!!

Specs are:

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Kit
Corsair RM650i 650W 80 PLUS Gold Certified Modular Power Supply
MSI Z170A KRAIT Gaming LGA 1151 ATX Motherboard
Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz - 6th Gen Skylake Processors
MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Armor OC 8GB MSI-GTX1070-ARMOROC-8G
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB 2.5" SSD
Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU cooler (New one I have just upgraded to)

e.kastellas0907

Commendable
Nov 22, 2018
Yeah, I thought of that too.

I tried to check them right before, and they seemed perfectly fine, but as soon as I press play or start, It immediately shuts down so I can't see what they are whilst running the game :/

If it is a temperature problem, what would be the best solution? I just changed my cpu cooler and have made sure all my fans are working just as usual and even cleaned out some dust and stuff from the case.