[SOLVED] PC is booting directly into Windows without showing the BIOS or boot logo

osamaorabi

Prominent
May 29, 2023
My PC is booting directly into Windows without showing the BIOS or boot logo
This problem does not persist, sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not.

My device specifications:

HP Z230
I don't have a GPU but the device is connected directly to the DisplayPort of motherboard

Last edited by a moderator:

osamaorabi

Prominent
May 29, 2023
many times it just takes the display a couple extra seconds/milliseconds to initialize.
the screens and option to enter the BIOS would still be present, just not shown.

if you're having trouble entering the BIOS you can even choose to enter directly upon next boot from within the OS.
Yes
But I want to understand what is causing the problem
if you're having trouble entering the BIOS you can even choose to enter directly upon next boot from within the OS.
As I mentioned to you previously, the problem sometimes occurs and sometimes it does not, meaning it is not continuous

Lutfij

Titan
Which Windows are you on? If Windows 10, you can hold down and press on Shift Key and restart>Troubleshoot>Advanced options>UEFI firmware settings, if you need to get into BIOS on your prebuilt.

You might want to also see if your BIOS is pending an update.

My PC is booting directly into Windows without showing the BIOS or boot logo
This problem does not persist, sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not.

My device specifications:

HP Z230
I don't have a GPU but the device is connected directly to the DisplayPort of motherboard
Look through the bios there may be a setting to slow down post and give the monitor a little more time to get ready.

Have you tried a different monitor?

osamaorabi

Prominent
May 29, 2023
The problem was solved. I had to turn on the computer as soon as it connected to electricity. I tried to wait a few seconds after the computer connected to electricity. The problem was solved.

Moderator Note: Removed self-awarded best answer via Post #9. Not permitted per Forum Rules.

Last edited by a moderator: