Jun 22, 2023
So I got a prebuilt PC a couple days ago, and today it keeps restarting or shutting down. When it restarts it makes a strange clicking noise at the bottom of the case.

Specs are Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Prime A320, Radeon RX 6600, 32 GB RAM set on 2666 mhz, 1tb ssd and a 600W power supply with 75+ efficiency.

Yesterday it restarted once when I was playing a game with a Wattman error message so today I decided to install every driver to be up to date. So I did GPU, CPU, Chipset drivers. Now it keeps restarting even on desktop or when booting and even shuts down.

What I think is that the PSU might be faulty or not giving enough power but I need your opinion on this one. I will go tommorow to tech service to see what's up.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
A PSU with 75% efficiency sounds absolutely frightening. We need to know the PSU, but I'd *stop* using this PC in the meantime because I can't think of any PSU that doesn't meet the very minimal standards of the lowest 80 Plus certification that should *ever* be turned on with modern parts. Powering a PC with garbage is the best way to ensure that the rest of the PC eventually becomes e-waste.

Jun 22, 2023
A PSU with 75% efficiency sounds absolutely frightening. We need to know the PSU, but I'd *stop* using this PC in the meantime because I can't think of any PSU that doesn't meet the very minimal standards of the lowest 80 Plus certification that should *ever* be turned on with modern parts. Powering a PC with garbage is the best way to ensure that the rest of the PC eventually becomes e-waste.
https://www.njoy.global/product/synergy-600-bulk

It's this one. On some sites it says it's 80+ and on some it says 75+

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Oh dear God, an nJoy. An awful, awful company that sells counterfeit junk to unsuspecting consumers in Eastern Europe who are trying to save a buck. They sell dirt cheap Chinese garbage and are infamous for giving themselves an 80 Plus badge, and when that turned out to be too brazen even for them, they gave themselves their own "certification" that just looked like an 80 Plus badge. The 80 Plus program has never even heard of nJoy.

Get this out of the PC now. Do not turn it on with this. If this is a prebuilt and you're in your return window, return it and get something else. Not from this company, either, becuase if this is what they're putting in their PCs, they're either incompetent or unethical.

Jun 22, 2023
Oh dear God, an nJoy. An awful, awful company that sells counterfeit junk to unsuspecting consumers in Eastern Europe who are trying to save a buck. They sell dirt cheap Chinese garbage and are infamous for giving themselves an 80 Plus badge, and when that turned out to be too brazen even for them, they gave themselves their own "certification" that just looked like an 80 Plus badge. The 80 Plus program has never even heard of nJoy.

Get this out of the PC now. Do not turn it on with this. If this is a prebuilt and you're in your return window, return it and get something else. Not from this company, either, becuase if this is what they're putting in their PCs, they're either incompetent or unethical.
Yeah every gaming PC from this retailer has this exact power supply. So I guess I will go to a tech store see If they can change the PSU. As If I return it or service It I will get the same stuff... Now I hope the GPU is not fried because it keeps shutting down.