[SOLVED] PC Randomly stutters and occassionally shuts off when gaming

Nov 15, 2021
GPU: Radeon RX 580 Series
CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4GHz
RAM: 3x 4gb HyperX DDR3 (12gb Total)
Mobo: ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
PSU: Corsair 500w bronze

While gaming I experience random drops in FPS which also causes my discord to lag, so I'm lead to believe my whole system is stuttering when playing. Occassionally my PC randomly cuts out I guess is the best way to put it, everything external turns off (mouse, monitors, controller etc etc) but the PC itself stays on just with nothing to show and stays this way no matter how long I leave it for.

I checked resource manager and task manager while playing, during these spikes in stuttering both my CPU and GPU usage plummets. Not sure if the stuttering is causing that cause they have nothing to do during that stutter time or if they stop performing which CAUSES the stutter. I have since changed from an R7 370 and the problem persists which makes me think maybe overheating or PSU but I wanted more informed individuals to maybe steer me in the right direction.

Anyone have any clues as to what this could be?

Regards,
Phishing

Solution
While gaming I experience random drops in FPS which also causes my discord to lag, so I'm lead to believe my whole system is stuttering when playing. Occassionally my PC randomly cuts out I guess is the best way to put it, everything external turns off (mouse, monitors, controller etc etc) but the PC itself stays on just with nothing to show and stays this way no matter how long I leave it for.

Maybe some component is diying, could be motherboard, could be PSU aswell, maybe even CPU. Or could be caused by temperatures aswell. Install gpuZ and HWmonitor so you can check all temperatures and clocks.

BUT, if you got money (like 150$ i think buying used) i'd just upgrade mobo + CPU and RAM because those will die sooner or later...
Nov 15, 2021

Maybe some component is diying, could be motherboard, could be PSU aswell, maybe even CPU. Or could be caused by temperatures aswell. Install gpuZ and HWmonitor so you can check all temperatures and clocks.

BUT, if you got money (like 150$ i think buying used) i'd just upgrade mobo + CPU and RAM because those will die sooner or later anyway, and spending time for searching problems like these can be time consuming. Could be faulty PSU aswell, if that PSU is old maybe its time to upgrade before it will kill your components.

Solution
Nov 15, 2021

BUT, if you got money (like 150$ i think buying used) i'd just upgrade mobo + CPU and RAM because those will die sooner or later anyway, and spending time for searching problems like these can be time consuming. Could be faulty PSU aswell, if that PSU is old maybe its time to upgrade before it will kill your components.

Gotcha, sounds like age is finally taking it's toll. I'll look into the software you mentioned and see if I can gleam some further insight