Jul 6, 2020
My PC will randomly reboot without warning or BSOD. This happeneed a couple days after upgrading my Motherboard, RAM and CPU. Sometimes it last 20m and sometimes 10 seconds. Doesnt seem to reboot as fast or at all during power light places such as home screen. Seems like PC is not getting enough power but doesnt seem like PSU is dying. Tried a bunch of things. Reseating components, different outlets and PSU cables. Need any help I can get.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Yeah my ram doesnt show up there
Probably wanna think about getting compatible RAM. Although at higher RAM Speeds, performance is nearly identical but when you go from 2133 to even 2666, you'll get a huge bump in FPS. Plus your system is great otherwise so why be satisfied with 2133 RAM.

Sell your current RAM and get compatible RAM, I assure you it will improve your performance but can't say if this alone is the issue.
Jul 6, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu
Motherboard: MSI B365M PRO-VDH
GPU: Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200mhz
PSU: Corsair VX 550w
Processor: i5 9400f

Update: I just played a game (Rocket League) for 30 minutes with no problems. It doesnt seem to reboot as often in games.

Jul 6, 2020
My PC reboots without BSOD (I have disabled automatic restart) which led me to believe it was power related. However, when I launch Rocket League (a game) it seems to last as long as I want. Restart intervals vary from 10s to 10m. Only when not in game. Any help is helpful. Have already done many things such as reseatting components and hardware tests.

Thanks in adavnce

SPECS:
MB: MSI B365M PRO-VDH
GPU: GEFORCE GTX 1060 3GB
CPU: INTEL i5 9400F
RAM: 2x8GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 3200MHZ
PSU: CORSAIR VX 550W BRONZE CERTIFIED

Jul 6, 2020
What do you do on your PC when you're not gaming?
Try games that stresses your system and see if it crashes in those games.
It crashes while browsing, youtube, windows apps or even idle. It seems to have larger intervals between reboots the more stressful the task is.

It crashes while browsing, youtube, windows apps or even idle. It seems to have larger intervals between reboots the more stressful the task is.
If the problem is GPU then it should crash during games as well but you should also still try to update your GPU drivers. Also try to do a clean install, remove the previous drivers before installing new ones from scratch.

Jul 6, 2020
If the problem is GPU then it should crash during games as well but you should also still try to update your GPU drivers. Also try to do a clean install, remove the previous drivers before installing new ones from scratch.
I have done clean install of my drivers. However, I will try completely uninstalling the drivers before reinstalling so that i have no traces when i start the installation. Ive been worrying about my mobo and was wondering if since my PC works in game, does that mean my mobo, and ram are fine?

I have done clean install of my drivers. However, I will try completely uninstalling the drivers before reinstalling so that i have no traces when i start the installation. Ive been worrying about my mobo and was wondering if since my PC works in game, does that mean my mobo, and ram are fine?
Yeah, Also Go into BIOS and check if your RAM is running at its advertised speeds. Mobo SHOULD be fine but if the problem is Mobo then it's going to be near impossible to pin-point.

Jul 6, 2020
Yeah, Also Go into BIOS and check if your RAM is running at its advertised speeds. Mobo SHOULD be fine but if the problem is Mobo then it's going to be near impossible to pin-point.
My RAM it supposed to be 3200mhz but my modo runs it at 2133mhz. Online it says its fine and im just not getting maximum performance. I also saw that my RAM and mobo are not compatible but it is working in game and is being detected. I also passed 1 run of memtest86.

My RAM it supposed to be 3200mhz but my modo runs it at 2133mhz. Online it says its fine and im just not getting maximum performance. I also saw that my RAM and mobo are not compatible but it is working in game and is being detected. I also passed 1 run of memtest86.
https://pangoly.com/en/review/msi-b365m-pro-vdh/compatibility/ram

It should be running at atleast 2666 anyway. I'm not really the best guy for RAM problems so probably wait for other replies BUT I do this this is a problem that can be solved. Maybe research more about it on google or even these forums.

Yeah my ram doesnt show up there
Probably wanna think about getting compatible RAM. Although at higher RAM Speeds, performance is nearly identical but when you go from 2133 to even 2666, you'll get a huge bump in FPS. Plus your system is great otherwise so why be satisfied with 2133 RAM.

Sell your current RAM and get compatible RAM, I assure you it will improve your performance but can't say if this alone is the issue.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS