ItzKiller

Commendable
Oct 15, 2020
I need a little help on my PC. Since few months ago I had a faulty ram on my Corsair RGB Pro dual channel kit. I decided to remove one and use only the working one but 8GB is not enough for my work. So I decided to get a new memory kit yesterday. Before installing the memory kit I uninstalled all the Corsair softwares and resetted the bios settings. After installating the new memory on correct slots, PC booted up finely. But after few minutes it restarted. Then after few minutes again the PC restarted to windows again. This happened couple of times and after that it just keeps restarting at POST. I was not even able to stay in the BIOS settings because the PC restarts in there as well.

Once it restarts it sometimes goea back to windows login and sometimes it keeps restarting again and again not even going back to the asus logo. The fans works high during this and it goes put for few minutes and then turn off only for PC to start again. I don't think this is a windows problem as it goes restarting in BIOS settings menu too. I can upload videos if somebody wants. Sometimes when it restarts it keep fans high without any display for more than 5 minutes before booting up again.

PC Specs: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wifi) Mobo Ryzen 7 3800x CPU + Stock warith prism cooler Asus Tuf RTX 3070 OC edition GPU Samsung 980 Pro SSD Seagte 1TB HDD Toshiba 240GB HDD Asus ROG strix 650w PSU

RAM I had before was Corsair RGB Pro 8GB x 2 3200Mhz

RAM I have now is G.Skill TridentZ RGB 8GB x 2 3200Mhz

I tried reinstalling the old Corsair memory too but it changes nothing. Already had my BIOS resetted to default and I did reverted it back to default just be sured. I have some RGB fans and lights installed so I unplugged them too. Also I unplugged the casing reset button connection jumpers. Also tried removing the CMOS battery and waiting more than 15 minutes. I also disconnected and connected my GPU few times too. I believe PSU to be a culprit but I don't have any proof as this happened after I installed the new RAM.

Update: I noticed something in bios settings. The +5v voltage is being shown as red. It goes below 4.6 and then it shows red in bios. Next the PC restarts.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Memories I had before are Corsair RGB Pro 8GBx2 3200Mhz
Now I have installed G.Skill TridentZ RGB 8GBx2 3200Mhz

For the sake of relevance, you're not mixing both kits of ram? Which slots are you populating on the motherboard? A2 and B2?

Asus Prime B550M-A (Wifi)
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Ryzen 7 3800x CPU + Stock warith prism cooler Asus Tuf RTX 3070 OC edition
How old the PSU in your build at this point? What GPU were you working with prior to the RTX3070?

ItzKiller

Commendable
Oct 15, 2020
Memories I had before are Corsair RGB Pro 8GBx2 3200Mhz
Now I have installed G.Skill TridentZ RGB 8GBx2 3200Mhz

For the sake of relevance, you're not mixing both kits of ram? Which slots are you populating on the motherboard? A2 and B2?

Asus Prime B550M-A (Wifi)
BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

Ryzen 7 3800x CPU + Stock warith prism cooler Asus Tuf RTX 3070 OC edition
How old the PSU in your build at this point? What GPU were you working with prior to the RTX3070?
No I am not mixing the RAMs from manufacturer. I am using A2 and B2 slots. I tested only 1 ram on all slots then I also tested with A1 and B1.

I have the latest Version 3202 bios which was released on 2023/07/27.

I was using an Asus Tuf GTX 1660. I think I only used it for few months. Then I upgraded to a RTX 3070 at the end of 2020. which I had no issue working all these years with the 650w PSU.

Power supply is brought in 2020. I guess it's now being 3 years. Asus says it has 10 years of warranty, but in my country it's just 2 years. So, I can't check warranty on it. However as I mentioned the voltage monitor on Asus bios settings shows +5v red on with it going below 4.5 which at the same point the PC restarts.

I need a little help on my PC. Since few months ago I had a faulty ram on my Corsair RGB Pro dual channel kit. I decided to remove one and use only the working one but 8GB is not enough for my work. So I decided to get a new memory kit yesterday. Before installing the memory kit I uninstalled all the Corsair softwares and resetted the bios settings. After installating the new memory on correct slots, PC booted up finely. But after few minutes it restarted. Then after few minutes again the PC restarted to windows again. This happened couple of times and after that it just keeps restarting at POST. I was not even able to stay in the BIOS settings because the PC restarts in there as well.

Once it restarts it sometimes goea back to windows login and sometimes it keeps restarting again and again not even going back to the asus logo. The fans works high during this and it goes put for few minutes and then turn off only for PC to start again. I don't think this is a windows problem as it goes restarting in BIOS settings menu too. I can upload videos if somebody wants. Sometimes when it restarts it keep fans high without any display for more than 5 minutes before booting up again.

PC Specs: Asus Prime B550M-A (Wifi) Mobo Ryzen 7 3800x CPU + Stock warith prism cooler Asus Tuf RTX 3070 OC edition GPU Samsung 980 Pro SSD Seagte 1TB HDD Toshiba 240GB HDD Asus ROG strix 650w PSU

RAM I had before was Corsair RGB Pro 8GB x 2 3200Mhz

RAM I have now is G.Skill TridentZ RGB 8GB x 2 3200Mhz

I tried reinstalling the old Corsair memory too but it changes nothing. Already had my BIOS resetted to default and I did reverted it back to default just be sured. I have some RGB fans and lights installed so I unplugged them too. Also I unplugged the casing reset button connection jumpers. Also tried removing the CMOS battery and waiting more than 15 minutes. I also disconnected and connected my GPU few times too. I believe PSU to be a culprit but I don't have any proof as this happened after I installed the new RAM.

Update: I noticed something in bios settings. The +5v voltage is being shown as red. It goes below 4.6 and then it shows red in bios. Next the PC restarts.
If it restarts while sitting in the bios I doubt you have a windows problem.

Just in case you bumped something while changing the ram try reseating all plugs.

Reactions: Matt_ogu812

ItzKiller

Commendable
Oct 15, 2020
If it restarts while sitting in the bios I doubt you have a windows problem.

Just in case you bumped something while changing the ram try reseating all plugs.
Yeah probably not a windows issue. Now i highly suspect my PSU. Could also be a motherboard issue. Both however not affordable at the moment for me. So if one of those are the cause, I will have to wait a along time to buy one.