Question Pc shuts down when i m gaming and power cuts but doesnot shutdown when doing light task even if power cut occurs!

radicle_

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020
hi
the info i can provide is
i have inverter and ups (1000va/800w) both!
pc specs !
amd r7 3700x (no oc)
16 gb 3200mhz
rtx 3070 (no oc)
msi mag b550 tomahawk
psu corsair cx 750w
corsair h100i coolerrr
2tb hdd
240gb ssd!

the thing is that while i m gaming when there is a power cut the pc shuts down but its does not shut down when the pc is idle(surfing, music etc...) !
i have a socket that have inverter connection and in that a power strip is connected and in that power strip the ups is connected!
Plzzz helpppppp !

Lutfij

Titan
You don't have an UPS between the Invertor/IPS and the PC's PSU? If not, then you should introduce an UPS between the power source and the PC's PSU. I noticed you mentioning an invertor and an UPS in one...? If so, see if the system has any issues with only the the PC connected to the UPS and in turn to the wall outlet(not the invertor). Very likely that the invertor can't handle all the appliances in your household with the UPS and PC attached

radicle_

Commendable
Oct 23, 2020
You don't have an UPS between the Invertor/IPS and the PC's PSU? If not, then you should introduce an UPS between the power source and the PC's PSU. I noticed you mentioning an invertor and an UPS in one...? If so, see if the system has any issues with only the the PC connected to the UPS and in turn to the wall outlet(not the invertor). Very likely that the invertor can't handle all the appliances in your household with the UPS and PC attached
The thing is i play Valo and that too Scrims so if light goes the ups will handle the pc
and the ups will also get charged by the inverter so long backup

but what happens is when the light goes the pc doesnot turns off but after a few seconds it turns off and ups makes a beep sound even if it is getting current from the inverter!

and 1 more thing i removed the ups
same thing happens when power cuts and the pc is idle it doesnot turns off but when gaming and power cut it does!

But thereis one thing i never Tried only using ups
i mean ups to the socket which does not have Inverter connection!

Last edited: