[SOLVED] Pc stuck in dell logo

yupu

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016
Pc stuck in dell logo

Hello I have a Dell OptiPlex PC and I just changed hard drives I took out an old hard drive and put in my SSD which I use every day when I put in the SSD I turn on the system and it’s stuck on the Dell logo when I press F 12 or F 10 or F9 it won’t take me to the bios menu it just continues to just be stuck in the Dell logo I also tried taking the hard drive and SSD out of the computer and even when I booted without any hard drive or SSD it does the same thing it brings up the dell logo. Please help.

Solution
can you specify what parts are in it?
Obviously a CPU, mobo, and RAM.
But how much RAM? (how many sticks to be more specific)
Does it have a GPU?
If so, remove it, and use the video output on the motherboard instead.
Keep the hard drives removed as well.

If you have more than one stick of RAM, try pulling out all but one stick and try each stick by itself.

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
CMOS reset.

Turn off the system.
Unplug it.
If the power supply has a power switch on it, flip it to off.
Press and hold power button for 10 full seconds.

Open side panel, find the little watch battery and remove it.
Leave it removed for 10 minutes.
Put it back in, then boot up the system.

If there is no watch battery, refer to the support manual for your specific model of the Dell, and find where the jumper pins are, short the jumper pins with a screw driver.

Process for doing a CMOS reset with jumper pins can be found in the manual (assuming it requires that)
Alternatively, if it requires jumper pins for reset, and has a plastic pin cover that covers two of the pins that is pre installed, use it to short the pins instead of a screw driver.

yupu

Honorable
Dec 15, 2016
CMOS reset.

Turn off the system.
Unplug it.
If the power supply has a power switch on it, flip it to off.
Press and hold power button for 10 full seconds.

Open side panel, find the little watch battery and remove it.
Leave it removed for 10 minutes.
Put it back in, then boot up the system.

If there is no watch battery, refer to the support manual for your specific model of the Dell, and find where the jumper pins are, short the jumper pins with a screw driver.

Process for doing a CMOS reset with jumper pins can be found in the manual (assuming it requires that)
Alternatively, if it requires jumper pins for reset, and has a plastic pin cover that covers two of the pins that is pre installed, use it to short the pins instead of a screw driver.
No luck

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
can you specify what parts are in it?
Obviously a CPU, mobo, and RAM.
But how much RAM? (how many sticks to be more specific)
Does it have a GPU?
If so, remove it, and use the video output on the motherboard instead.
Keep the hard drives removed as well.

If you have more than one stick of RAM, try pulling out all but one stick and try each stick by itself.

Solution