Jan 4, 2020
My pc shut down normally last night with no issues, this morning I tried turning it on and it wouldn’t start, I’ve tried different power sockets etc, but my microphone is lit up and my gpu has a light too, and the USB ports are working, but when I start the pc, none of the fans start, case lights don’t light up and I’m not sure what the problem could be and was wondering if anyone could help

My specs are:
Asus GTX 1060 3GB
Ryzen 5 1600
Gigabyte-AB350-Gaming 3 motherboard
16gb trident z gskill 007 ram
cooler master v550 psu
thermaltake n27 versa snow edition mid tower case

Jan 4, 2020
My PC whenever i now boot it will show the gigabyte boot screen and i can enter bios etc but then i get to where a little loading wheel is when i usually boot and it says preparing automatic repair, but everytime it spins for about a second then freezes entirely and isnt responsive at all. I would appreciate some knowledge from someone to help fix this, I believe the cause has to do with overclocking, I have had my ryzen 5 1600 at 3.75gHz for a few weeks now and never had any issues, but today i also overclocked my gpu in msi afterburner to about 120+ core clock (idk what the speeds were)
and 95+ memory clock and while playing i was getting stable fps and running fine while only getting cpu temps at 55 and gpu at 45. About 4 hours ago in the middle of a game i was playing i bluescreened, and then it went into recovery mode, although i saw this when i walked back in after it bluescreened when i went to get a drink and i didnt have time to do anything as i read it and it dissapeared (i assume because i didnt select an option within a time period) and it started up fine again, and then about 2 hours later, i came back to my pc and found my mouse was stuck and wouldnt move, and i realized my pc was entirely frozen and i needed to shut it down, so i proceeded to hold down the shutdown button for a few seconds till it shut down properly. Then i booted it up and it went into the gigabyte screen with bios and boot options etc, then started the spinning wheel with the words "Preparing automatic repair" and the wheel was spinning for only about a second before it froze, and was unresponsive again, no matter how many times i restart it the same thing happens, same message "preparing automatic repair" and then the wheel freezing, it freezes in the exact same spot every time with the same amount of dots on the wheel in the same place, and I've got no idea what to do at this point to try and fix it.
My specs are:
Asus GTX 1060 3GB
Ryzen 5 1600
Gigabyte-AB350-Gaming 3 motherboard
16gb trident z gskill 007 ram
cooler master v550 psu
thermaltake n27 versa snow edition mid tower case

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
If you manually overclocked anything you should know about resetting the CMOS. Either use motherboard button or take coin battery out the motherboard for a minute.

This resets the BIOS to default which should solve booting being stopped by a bad OC, by removing all overclocks, so i hope you wrote settings down somewhere.

If that doesn't work then the problem is elsewhere

Jan 4, 2020
If you manually overclocked anything you should know about resetting the CMOS. Either use motherboard button or take coin battery out the motherboard for a minute.

This resets the BIOS to default which should solve booting being stopped by a bad OC, by removing all overclocks, so i hope you wrote settings down somewhere.

If that doesn't work then the problem is elsewhere
Alright, and im not sure if this means its not overclocked anymore, but when i went into the bios it says my cpu is running at the base clock of 3.2ghz. Does this mean the overclock reverted? usually with ryzen master when i restart my pc it reverts to default turbo 3.4ghz and i need to apply and restart to get it OC'd

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
The BIOS reset is designed to revert overclocks. I don't use Ryzen but i would assume that there is some block to it's automatic overclock if it detects a BIOS reset. If your PC runs fine now with the default settings then you just need to relax the OC on CPU/GPU a bit.

Did you stress test after you overclocked each component? Stress testing is more thorough than just booting up Fallout or whatever and seeing if there's errors ;)

Jan 4, 2020
I didn't mean that it ran fine, just meant that in bios it says the clock is back to default, but once i exit bios same thing will happen and freeze. Ill try some of the things you said earlier. I believe i did stress test my gpu but not my cpu

Jan 4, 2020
The BIOS reset is designed to revert overclocks. I don't use Ryzen but i would assume that there is some block to it's automatic overclock if it detects a BIOS reset. If your PC runs fine now with the default settings then you just need to relax the OC on CPU/GPU a bit.

Did you stress test after you overclocked each component? Stress testing is more thorough than just booting up Fallout or whatever and seeing if there's errors ;)
Just took battery out for 5 and a half mins and put it back in, and now my pc wont turn on, althought my microphone and the gpu is getting power i believe because they are lit up. but fans wont start or lights or anything.

Jan 4, 2020
Try doing the battery removal again but first unplug from the wall ...............hold down your power switch for 20 seconds.............................remove battery 5 min.

put battery back in...........
than retry.
It was unplugged from the wall, what will holding down my power switch before i take the battery out do if it doesnt turn on?

it helps unlatch computer not starting by draining caps in power supply.

bad over clock. if it works great if not you also should have a jumper on your board for clearing bios. Look up your manual I would help more but sorry walking out the door.

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Try doing the battery removal again but first unplug from the wall ...............hold down your power switch for 20 seconds.............................remove battery 5 min.

put battery back in...........
than retry.
Yeah my bad, thanks for that :)
OP, the PSU/board or something holds a tiny charge even after its unplugged from the wall AND switched off. Pressing the on button with everything powered off will use up that charge, fully resetting the BIOS as it has no power to remember settings at that point. You may be able to hear a slight buzz from the PSU after unplugging, then nothing after pressing the on button a few times, this is that process in action.

Jan 4, 2020
OP, the PSU/board or something holds a tiny charge even after its unplugged from the wall AND switched off. Pressing the on button with everything powered off will use up that charge, fully resetting the BIOS as it has no power to remember settings at that point. You may be able to hear a slight buzz from the PSU after unplugging, then nothing after pressing the on button a few times, this is that process in action.
Do i hold power down after battery removal or after i put it back in, and by everything powered off what do you mean?

Jan 4, 2020
i tried everything you guys said, still nothing.

natcha12

Honorable
Sep 1, 2015
Next guess would be storage/file issue, but it would be a big coincidence if that messed up right after you OC'd the gpu.

Seeing as the auto repair doesn't have enough muscle to do any repairs, you'll need to make a Windows Repair Drive, plug it in, get into your BIOS and choose it as the primary boot drive, then follow the instructions for repairing windows on your hdd/ssd.

Here's how to make one
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/How+to+Create+a+USB+boot+drive+for+Windows+10/89181