Question Pc won't boot with indicator lights

Jan 14, 2021
So Ive just changed my cpu, psu, and motherboard because some of my components were broken from my old pc. After putting them all on again my pc booted and I managed to use it for an hour, after which it suddenly turns off by itself. After trying turning it on again it failed to boot, giving a dram indicator light for a couple of seconds then to a cpu indicator light. Please help I have class in 2 days

CPU: Ryzen 3800X
Mobo: ASUS Tuf x570 Gaming Plus wifi
Dram: Team Elite 16gb (x2)
PSU: Bitfenix Shadow 650

Jan 14, 2021
If your previous motherboard wasn't an x570 chipset motherboard, you need to completely reinstall a fresh copy of Windows. After you do that you need to download and install the chipset drivers for your motherboard from the ASUS website.
So even though the motherboard indicator light says it might be the dram or the cpu that's causing it to not boot, it might be because windows doesn't recognize my hardware?

Jan 14, 2021
In my opinion, absolutely. I hope other more experienced members will read this and correct me if I'm wrong.

Can you get into the BIOS?
Nope. Everytime I try to turn it on nothing shows on the screen, still haven't tried installing a new copy of windows 10 because busy with school, so I'll update after I've done that

EDIT: I tried turning on the pc without the SSD that have the old windows and it still doesn't work

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS