Question PC won't POST, VGA Light is on ?

Nov 26, 2022
Hello, having some PC trouble today.

MSI X470 Gaming Plus (I did a bios update to 7B79vAH and it has worked well for months)
AMD 5700X CPU
XFX 6900XT MERC
(4x) 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz
Corsair RM850X PSU
OS Windows 11 Home
Boot Drive WD Black SN750 1TB NVMe SSD

About a week ago, I decided to update from windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 and do a clean install. I had to reformat all of my hard drives to NTFS. All drives were formatted via power shell and then windows 11 was installed. PC was working great for until this morning.

Two days ago, when I shut off my PC, there was a windows update. Great, install and shut down. This morning my PC gets power, but my screens remain black. I haven't been able to get into BIOS settings or anything, seems like it won't post. On power up, there is a CPU EZDebug light briefly and then it turns off, then the VGA LED lights up and stays on. So far I have tried the following:

1. Power cycle
  2. Mess around with monitors and cables. Display port, HDMI, psu power cable, etc
  3. Removed all but 1 stick of ram, DIMMA2 slot only according to MSI X470 manual
  4. Installed Sapphire R9 390, which was working when I upgraded to 6900XT
  5. Use old corsair CX750M power supply
  6. Remove SN750 boot drive and plug in windows 11 USB
  7. Resetting bios configurations via CMOS battery removal, shorting JBAT1 pins, pressing VLR_CMOS2 button at bottom of motherboard
I am out of ideas, can you please help?

Thanks,
Dirk

Nov 26, 2022
Well after a lot of part replacement and googling, I decided to spend the coin on a new motherboard. MSI B550 Gaming Plus that was at Best Buy locally fixed things and it's been running good since.

Dirk