Feb 2, 2020
Hello all,
My system summary;

My problem is with the single PCIE slot of my mobo. Normally it has x16 lane width, but however it is running at x2.
I am using that slot for my NVME ssd with a full width pCIE converter card.
I have tested this NVME in that PCIE slot with a i3 6600 LGA1151 cpu and it was working fine, than after a month I bought my i7 cpu and did not tested the speed of the nvme after that.
Then, some day, I ran crystal mark and i was getting 1700mb/s read and write while it was 3500mb/s read, 2400mb/s write.
I found out that the ssd is running at x2 width instead of x4 which it supports.
I am not quite sure what happened, but i tried the following with no success:
  • fresh install win10 64bit
  • removed sata connections
  • reseated i7 cpu
  • reseated pcie to nvme card
  • tried another pcie to nvme card (asus)
  • updated drivers from intel website

When i remove the pcie to nvme and put it on another pc it works just fine, and i get full speed in my NVME ssd.
Any suggestions? I am completely lost :(

thanks in advance

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Have you made sure that you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? To note, the processor you've used prior was a 6th gen processor, while the latter is a 7th gen, meaning your likely issue is the BIOS or lack of proper support thereof.

First check and see which version you're on right now, then cross reference it with the BIOS that's listed on ASRock's support site. If you have a number of updates pending, gradually work your way up to the latest BIOS version.

Feb 2, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Which version of Windows 10 are you working with? Have you made sure that you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? To note, the processor you've used prior was a 6th gen processor, while the latter is a 7th gen, meaning your likely issue is the BIOS or lack of proper support thereof.

First check and see which version you're on right now, then cross reference it with the BIOS that's listed on ASRock's support site. If you have a number of updates pending, gradually work your way up to the latest BIOS version.

thank you.
  • win10 pro 64bit (all updates installed)
  • Mobo is latest BIOS
  • Mobo supports 7th gen cpu says in manual
  • No updates pending

any other suggestions?
thanks