Question Please help! Red VGA light, GPU works fine, iGPU works fine. no bios screen on iGPU

Feb 12, 2024
One day I saw update on GIGABYTE CONTROL CENTER. It was something like "...4070oc....". i believe it was gpu firmware/bios update.

Gigabyte B760 GAMING X AX
Gigabyte RTX 4070 Gaming OC
i keep montor connected to Display port (motherboard)

after update PC restarted and bios opened up for some loading and pc started as usual.
except a red vga light, i straight up searched about it. a guy said "if everything works fine, ignore it".
i started played games. they stutter, every 2 seconds (rtx 4070 while gaming). so i went to official nvidia site to install drivers. no luck. i tried resetting bios (i never changed that in first place). saw that theres no spashscreen (boot screen). so i tried going into bios by advanced option below reset pc option in settings. it was just black screen. even if i press Del while pc is starting i see black screen. i removed gpu, and pc boot up fine with splash screen and opened bios, loaded default and started, problem stayed without red vga light. but i couldnt game without 4070. i felt my gpu died. but no.

i reinstalled windows, ended up losing some old videos and pics, its fine tho, i wanted to fix my issues. didnt work. i installed latest firmware from nvidia website and reinstalled windows again. (reinstalling windows 2nd time + gpu firmware) it fixed and 4070 could run games well as usual with monitor connected to either display port(motherboard) or HDMI(gpu).

here is the weird part:
(no stutter anymore but)

4070 + intel 770 (MONITOR connected to Motherboard DP)= RED VGA LIGHT (no splash screen, trying to enter bios means black screen)

4070 + intel 770 (MONITOR connected to GPU HDMI)= NO RED VGA LIGHT (splash screen, bios is accessible)

Only intel 770 (Monitor connected to Motherboard DP)= NO RED VGA LIGHT (splash screen, bios is accessible)

I dont think i should ignore vga light

i have already tried ssd test, ram test, cpu test and everything is working fine
Which component has flaw?

It will be very helpful if answer is within 24 hours.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

4070 + intel 770 (MONITOR connected to GPU HDMI)= NO RED VGA LIGHT (splash screen, bios is accessible)
+
I dont think i should ignore vga light
Do you need to work off the iGPU? You can hook all panels off the discrete GPU without an issue.

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

It will be very helpful if answer is within 24 hours.
Please be patient with answers, we have a great community but everyone chimes in at their own free time.

Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Feb 12, 2024
I use WhatsApp calls during work. So if I use iGPU, it works fine. If I use GPU my WhatsApp stays in background and my mic doesn't input voice into WhatsApp calls.

F9 is my bios version

PC Part models:

CPU: 13900k
Cooler: Silverstone PF240-ARGB PF Series liquid Cooler - Dual Fan - 240mm
Motherboard: B760 Gaming X Ax Gigabyte
RAM: 32 GB G.skill Trident Z
SSD: XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB Nvme Gen4x4
GPU: Gigabyte 4070 Gaming OC
PSU: P850GM 850 Watt 80 plus Gold
Case: GALAX Revolution-05 Mid Tower
Monitor: LG 27” Ultragear Full HD IPS QHD Monitor 27GN800-B

All of the parts are 8 months old (bought 8 months ago)

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2024
Ok so turning on CSM after while booting with 4070 fixes problem.
Turning on CSM then booting with Display port shows no Red light

But still there's no Splash screen, or. Bios access, looks like CSM only turns off Red light.
But the problem where "there's no Boot screen and Bios by Display port" stays.

Weirdly I think Bios and boot screen exist. They just don't show up.
The Black screen stays if I press Del when PC is booting. I press esc and enter a few times in hope for existing bios as if it was there and it works, I get on sign-in screen.

Feb 24, 2024
If you haven't fixed it yet. I have the same problem. When i use display port cable it gives red vga light. Can't boot into bios, no splash sceeen. If I change to hdmi cable, vga light gone and can boot into bios with splash screen. I haven't spent much time on it but after that I change back to display port and same thing. Something about the bios thinking you connecting with one connection but you using another...