PLEASE HELP! SPACE PROBLEMS WITH CASE! (im serious guys and DONT think im a troll)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sixsamuraisoldier

Honorable
May 13, 2013
Ok, so here's the thing, i would like to get the cooler master haf x, HOWEVER, im worried i wont have enough space. (as you can see, i have 4 gpus and 2 psus)
Here's my build:
CPU: Haswell (free)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX780 SuperClocked w/EVGA ACX Cooler 3GB GDDR5 384bit, DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready (03G-P4-2784-KR)
(FOUR of these) ($2640)

Case: Cooler Master Haf X w/ SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ($180)

Motherboard (modify for extra RAM and other things) : ASUS Maximus VI Extreme (when it comes out) ( expected pricing : $400)
Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" Class Widescreen PLS LED Monitor - 2560 x 1440, 16:9, 80000000:1, 5ms, HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, Energy Star ($650)
SSD : Samsung Electronics 840 Pro Series 2.5-Inch 512 SATA_6_0_gb Solid State Drive MZ-7PD512BW (TWO of these) ($940)

HDD: Western Digital WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM 64 MB Cache Internal Desktop 3.5" Hard Drive ($90)

Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower 1500W ATX12V 2.3 24PIN Power Supply Active PFC 80PLUS Silver SLI CF 135mm Fan($300)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CML16GX3M2A1600C10) (TWO of these) ($240)

Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (free)

CPU Cooler: Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme Dual Fan Universal CPU Heatsink ($100)

Thermal Compound Paste: Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound AS5-3.5G - OEM ($10)
HDMI: AmazonBasics 2-Pack, High-Speed HDMI Cables 6.5 feet -- Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return [Newest Standard] ($10)

HDMI to DVI: AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable (9.8 Feet/3.0 Meters)

Intel Gigabit CT PCI-E Network Adapter EXPI9301CTBLK ($30)

Mediabridge Networking Cat5e Patch Cable - (15 Feet) - Red RJ45 Computer Patch Cord ($6)

IC Diamond 24 Carat Thermal Compound - 4.8 gram ($15)

2.5-inch SSD/Hard Drive to 3.5-inch Bay Plastic Tray Mount Adapter Kit (TWO of these) ($14)

Intel 4965AGN Next-Gen Wireless-N PCIe Mini Card Network Adapter - Mini PCI Express - 300Mbps ($9)

Razer Naga Special Edition - Molten (RZ01-00280500-R3) ($70)

Corsair Vengeance K70 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Black Cherry MX Red (CH-9000011-NA) ($130)

CM Storm Skorpion - Gaming Mouse Bungee with Flexible Mouse Cord Arm (SGA-2000-BKNX1) ($20)

Build Your Own PC Do-It-Yourself For Dummies [Paperback] ($20)

HDE® USB 3.0 Male to Female Cable 1.5m 5ft (Backward Compatible with 2.0) ($5)

Norton 360 2013 - 1 User / 3 PC ($25)

Crysis 3 ($40)

Plantronics GameCom 780 Surround Sound Stereo PC Gaming Headset - Frustration Free Packaging ($55)

ASUS Xonar DGX PCI-E GX2.5 Audio Engine Sound Cards ($40)
League Of Legends Logo Mouse Pad ($9)

Phobya 24 Pin 2-Way PSU Starting Cable (Black Sleeved) ($20)

Add2PSU Multiple Power Supply Adapter ($20)

Seasonic PLATINUM-860 ATX 860 Power Supply ($200)

Logitech Surround Sound Speakers Z506 (980-000430) ($80)

mPCIe Combo Card ($30)

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

MeerZaheen

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
what in the world are you seriously going to do with 5000$+ pc when youre not even in highschool... are you going to be editing videos? are you going to be designing mass building structures on architectural softwares? are you planning on creating a nuclear bomb? if you're only going to be playing games like runescape which I assume you will be, 1 card is enough. OR if youre a heavy gamer get a titan ATLEAST. When youre older, you will regret paying 5000$+ on a pc when you can get a damn car with that kind of money. Kid, you dont need a pc worth more than 1 grand.

Im sorry for being rude but it gets me frustrated cause spoiled kids like you burn money like they grow on trees. Stop taking advantage of your assets and save them for later for more reasonable luxuries.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I'd like to say you went a little too far, but I really can't. We're not simply PC-recommending machines and a kid willing to squander ridiculous amounts of money to build an e-peen kind of rubs me the wrong way. I was well-off growing up, but my parents would have been absolutely aghast to find me flushing money down the toilet like this. Yeah, I had a PC and a Nintendo and everything, but if they knew I was going to blow that amount of money just for bling value, that money would have found its way out of my hands and into a savings account to teach me the value of compound interest.

sixsamuraisoldier

Honorable
May 13, 2013

nono, you dont get it, my parents dont just give me that money and let me play with it or do whatever i want.
They said i could get only one computer that was good.

USAFRet

Titan

No, we do get it.

1. This is a longwinded troll
or
2. There are multiple idiots involved here, willing to spend $6500+ on a PC (that cannot exist yet), when $1200 would work.

Fulgurant

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2012

Yes, but can't you sit them down and say, "I've done some research, and it seems like there's really no point in spending more than a fraction of the budget you've given me. I'd like to save you some money."

I'd think that would at least earn you some brownie points. At that point, your mom/dad might even offer to hold the surplus money aside in case you want something else later. If you give them the impression that you're not thinking like the typical, short-sighted and self-absorbed teenager (which, by the way, is a role we've all probably played, so don't take it as an insult), then they may be grateful/surprised in ways that you can't appreciate at your age.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I'm starting to come around to the troll viewpoint rather than the spoiled brat viewpoint.

Here's a conversation that has never happened, in the history of the world:

DAD: Here's $6000, son! You can buy a computer, but just one computer.

SON: I don't need that much to spend on the computer. I can get an amazing computer for $2000 and put the remaining money away for my college education.

DAD: NO! YOU MUST SPEND IT ALL ON A COMPUTER, I DON'T CARE IF YOU HAVE TO BUY 4 GTX TITANS, BUT YOU ARE SPENDING THAT MONEY. YOU HAVE SOME NERVE LIVING UNDER MY ROOF AND SPENDING YOUR MONEY WISELY! HELEN, GET MY BELT!

MeerZaheen

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
This is useless. Let this kid spend all that money on a computer. Hopefully, who ever gets lucky by making 3000$+ profit will use that extra money for good.

sometimes later maybe this kid will regret but thats the only way to learn.

sixsamuraisoldier

Honorable
May 13, 2013

you go away

sixsamuraisoldier

Honorable
May 13, 2013

Mabye you could EXPLAIN why its waste....
like i said, im a complete noob who just earned enough moeny to get a computer..

USAFRet

Titan
Mabye you could EXPLAIN why its waste....
like i said, im a complete noob who just earned enough moeny to get a computer..

How many times does it have to be said?
$6000-$7000 for a gaming PC is completely useless.

$1500, no matter what your idiot friend says, will do 99.9% of what this thing (that you cannot build) will do.

Please explain, in detail, what this statement means:
"Motherboard (modify for extra RAM and other things) "

MeerZaheen

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Okay here I go.

1: you did not earn this money. It was given to you by your parents.
2: lets say we both buy a computer together at the same time: I bought my rig for 1500$ which runs anything on ultra settings smooth as water and you bought a computer for 3000$+ which runs just as good as my computer but lets say 10% better. I spent half the money you did which makes you the sore loser.
3: you're not even in high school. You don't need a computer for 1500$+
4: you're not buying this computer for no purpose but just for show and bragging rights. If you want bragging rights, save up the money and buy a car or save it up for college.
5: finally, even if you did buy a computer for 3000$+, you won't be using its full potential which is basically... Wasting a good computer.

I actually feel bad for the computer more than your money :/

been there explained all the parts that are overspent. as people stated, 1500 dollars will run within 10% at the most of something that is 3000 dollars. anything more than 3000, you are looking at high end watercooling that doesnt do a whole lot more than air cooling. ive seen 10k builds before, but all of them can be stripped down to 1500-2000 with equal performance. put aside the money for later on and spend it then.

MeerZaheen

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Oh I'm sorry I guess I misunderstood.. Cause it states that your "parents don't just give you that money to play with it, but they gave it to you so that you can get that one good computer" Listen man noone here cares how much money you throw away on an imaginary computer. The first build that you had in your mind, go with that. We were all just suggesting and advising you to save money but who cares right? I'm not the one wasting my money lol

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

You've been posting crackhead questions for 2 weeks. You're either a troll or have an incredible lack of self-awareness. Still not quite sure which.

going to anandtech will get you about the same results. some of them are going to post a 6000 dollar rig for you thinking you are all rich and crap. fair enough. then they realize you are 12 years old and everyone will give you the same stuff you got here, only later.

Status
Not open for further replies.