Jun 27, 2019
I have a new self-build pc, the part list is here: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/wXyqTB
Everything is good except the internet connection, I have rogers 150u internet plan for my home, other devices and laptops can reach download speed more than 20MB/s, however, the new pc only have download speed around 2MB/s to 3MB/s
I already updated every driver I know, and I turn off the energy saving option and eco mode but didn't solve the problem
The ethernet driver is called Intel(r) i211 gigabit network
please help! thank you!

Ralston18

Titan
You are using a wired connection - correct?

Did you disable the wireless adapter? Only one network adapter should be enabled on the new pc: either the wired adapter or the wireless adapter. Not both.

Did you try another known working (at speed) Ethernet cable between new pc and router?

Windows 10 - try running the built-in network trouble shooters.

Jun 27, 2019
You are using a wired connection - correct?

Did you disable the wireless adapter? Only one network adapter should be enabled on the new pc: either the wired adapter or the wireless adapter. Not both.

Did you try another known working (at speed) Ethernet cable between new pc and router?

Windows 10 - try running the built-in network trouble shooters.
Yes I use wire
I tried that but not working

Ralston18

Titan
Interesting.

I have one computer right now that is doing the same thing.

About download speed is about 1/20th of normal. Yet the upload speed is 5 x download.

Problem just started but I have not really looked into the matter.

I do know that Steam was loaded on to the computer and that another attempt to update Windows 10 Pro to 1903 failed.

And Bluetooth is not pairing.

Overall, something buggy or corrupted perhaps.

Troubleshooters did nothing here either.

I have two failure codes to research and will be doing so.

Hopefully some other suggestions will be posted to help both of us....

Jun 27, 2019
Interesting.

I have one computer right now that is doing the same thing.

About download speed is about 1/20th of normal. Yet the upload speed is 5 x download.

Problem just started but I have not really looked into the matter.

I do know that Steam was loaded on to the computer and that another attempt to update Windows 10 Pro to 1903 failed.

And Bluetooth is not pairing.

Overall, something buggy or corrupted perhaps.

Troubleshooters did nothing here either.

I have two failure codes to research and will be doing so.

Hopefully some other suggestions will be posted to help both of us....
That sucks man, hope we can solve this soon.
Just out of curiosity, what cpu and motherboard do you have?
Do you have a software called Gamefirst V?

Ralston18

Titan
Do not have Gamefirst V.

System in question is a Dell Inspiron 3670 with an Intel i5-8400 CPU and Dell Motherboard 0H4VK7 A01.

GPU is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 710.

Has failed to update to 1903 twice - I do have some error codes to "research" (i.e., google).

Not a priority at the moment...

Problems like yours can be caused by so many things. The first thing to try is a old program called IPERF. It is a extremely simplistic line mode program that uses very little memory/cpu and no disk. It pretty much just tests the ethernet chips and the drivers. You should see over 900mbps between machines in your house.

This is to eliminate true network issues so you can look at other things.

I would next try to copy a large file between your 2 machines. Watch the resource monitor network tab for the rates. Copy in both directions since it many times is different. Issues doing this are many times related to the disk performance. You will get much better performance if you have SSD rather than a hard drive. Also write performance is different than read performance which is why you copy in both directions. You goal here is to be faster than your internet test numbers which it should be.

If all this is good you start to suspect things like firewalls or browser issues. There are so many things to check when you download from the internet these problems tend to be hard to find.