Feb 14, 2022
my pc keeps freezing ive tested gpu, ssd, and ram and i want to know if there is a way to test every function of the cpu. i want to test the memory controller, northbridge, alu, fpu, cores, infinty fabric, apic, and so on. is there a program like intel cpu diagnosic i can use

amd ryzen 5 3400g
gtx 960
asus b450-f gaming
xpg ram 16 gb

Last edited:

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Stress-testing is the usual way.

In any case, actual CPU failure is quite rare and CPU failure that manifests itself in this way is even rarer. I'd venture a PSU or motherboard issue first. Can't say more as I know nothing about your PC except for the fact you have some AMD CPU.

Feb 14, 2022
Stress-testing is the usual way.

In any case, actual CPU failure is quite rare and CPU failure that manifests itself in this way is even rarer. I'd venture a PSU or motherboard issue first. Can't say more as I know nothing about your PC except for the fact you have some AMD CPU.
i did some light overclocking but i reverted it when it started freezing, i also have 750 watt psu and gtx 960 so i dont think that's to problem

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i did some light overclocking but i reverted it when it started freezing, i also have 750 watt psu and gtx 960 so i dont think that's to problem

What is the "750 watt PSU?" And even a good PSU, if you have one, can fail when pushing parts.

The rest of the parts you still haven't said anything about. This is also the first reference you made to overclocking, so we're going to need more details on that (and whether it's an issue when you're not overclocking). There's simply a real lack of actionable information here.