[SOLVED] Power Plan Options are Not Changing Fan Speeds

flowerfly

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2013
Hi Guys, I recently updated my Win 7 to Win 10 using the free digital upgrade. Everything has went smooth with the exception of the know setting issues that I was able to fix using cmd. The one issue that I can't seem fix is adjusting my fans. In Win 7, I use to change them in my power options setting. My power option settings are listed like they use to be in Win 7, but when I change my settings from Cool (Reduced Temp Levels) to Ultimate Performance (or any setting other listed), there is no change to my fan speed like I had in Win 7. My screen brightens and dims with each setting, but my fans don't change at all. I have Speccy to tell me when things are getting too hot for my comfort level, so I think the internal monitoring temps are not damaged. Also, if my laptop gets too hot the fans do kick in high automatically, just not manually. Currently, I've been using my external laptop stand with a built-in fan to help keep the laptop cool.

I've spent hours looking for a fix and I've got nothing. Is this a quirk of Win 10 that I'm just going to have to deal with or is there a work around to get the power options settings working properly? I admit that I am uncomfortable changing the registry. Any help would be appreciated!

Computer Specs:
Dell Latitude E6530
Win 10 64 Bit, OS build 19042.804
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz
Ram 12GB

Solution

TRENDING THREADS