Question Power supply problem

Gustavo_14

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
Hello
My problem is , sometimes I would play 10 hours without any issues , turn off the computer and go to sleep then try to turn on the pc and wont boot, all lights and fans runs at 100% but it simply wont boot. if I use a power strip or stabilizer it wont boot. but connecting directly to the wall outlet works fine.

When Im playing under gaming loads it would do a hissing sound (coil whine) THE PSU I know this is normal and I dont have a problem with this but the problem about sometimes not booting its annoying me as hell, it makes me afraid that in some moment its going to dmg another component.

I tried with a different PSU, and in 1 month the SATA ports didnt work anymore and everything would light and go to 100% but it wont boot, then I was doing some test and SATAS didnt work either..
Tried a tier 1 1000W G2 EVGA and tried just 1 day, under gaming loads the coil whine was hellish so I didnt keept it for more than 1 day.

I was using a power strip and one day it wont boot, changed to another wall outlet close to the other one (same room) with a different power strip it worked, fine for a week then happend again, I bought an stabilizer and worked for a day, next day happend again.

Connected directly to the wall outlet and it work just fine, today I decided to try by disconnecting a HDD and using the stabilizier and worked fine again...

Also, I had another 2 GPUS that had high coil whine, and the other had coil whine but not so high, I think this one that I have now is the one that is doing less really low.
One of thise GPUS had problems till one day it says "error 43" and couldnt install drivers and stuff didnt work anymore.
The other one had coil whine (low) but worked fine, but I sold it

Also I havent check the voltages on my house but I can tell you that I had another PC before, 0 issues I sold it to upgrade.

So whats the problem here? anyone can help?

Tomahawk b450m (BIOS UPDATED)
DeepCool 700w Bronce
ID Cooling Frostflow 240mm
Sentey Z-20
2X8 16GB 3200mhz
RX 5700 XT Nitro Plus
SSD Kingston 240GB
HDD 1TB Western Digital 7200 RPM (old issued like 2 years)
Ryzen 5 3600

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
What stabilizer/surge protector are you using and how are you connecting everything?

Power source: do you mean a wall outlet or a UPS of some make/model?

Correct/edit the following line diagram as necessary:

Wall outlet ---> stabilizer---> power strip ---> computer?

Other devices?