PowerColor Shows Radeon HD With Eyefinity 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Dogman I respect your opinion and it would be great to help out those worse off than you. In the realistic world we live in, it won't happen. That's like stopping any technological advancement in order to put those funds towards poor Africans and others worse off. In this capitalist country, some people are better off than others. It's just life. To stop technological innovations and expect companies to donate their profits to the poor is a dream.
Anyways, I'm pretty excited for these cards. But I don't know what I would ever need 12 monitors for.

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
@dogman_1234 go let your heart bleed somewhere else, we don't care much.
2nd, i wouldn't want 12 unless they were borderless LCD, those borders just kill the effect.

Although i too find it unnecessary but this is business.. Its not that anyone can buy this but it does good to show off the engineering potential of a company (let it be ATI or powercolor).. People starving in africa is the result of the economic imbalance and it wont get resolved by one person not buying this card because it does not ensures the money reaches those starving.. Besides, We've bigger problems to tackle.. Take global warning for example.. At the rate with which its improving, we might soon have no one left to starve also..

Although i too find it unnecessary but this is business.. Its not that anyone can buy this but it does good to show off the engineering potential of a company (let it be ATI or powercolor).. People starving in africa is the result of the economic imbalance and it wont get resolved by one person not buying this card because it does not ensures the money reaches those starving.. Besides, We've bigger problems to tackle.. Take global warning for example.. At the rate with which its improving, we might soon have no one left to starve also..

lauxenburg

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
[citation][nom]brother shrike[/nom]Some of us just graduated to a single 16:9 LCD...[/citation]

Haha. I still got one of the old VGA LCDs from like 2005. Honestly can't tell any difference between this and DVI.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I don't see why having 12 monitors would be so cool, but hell if i had money to make random shit just because i could...i would!

idisarmu

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2008
Will this card also sport 2gb ddr5 per gpu? That would be KILLER! The only thing a 480 really has over a 5870 is a bigger frame buffer. Imagine being able to oc this thing to 5870+ speeds... yum

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Yeah Dogman, I'm sure you volunteer at a soup kitchen too, or a church function helping the elderly..

People WORK hard for THEIR money. It is theirs to do as they will. There is a lot of stuff we own that we don't need, but we buy it to make our short stay on this planet a little more enjoyable.

Oh and it is not just the US, try going to Canada, Europe, Japan... Im sure they have luxurious items too.....

G

i wonder what would be the resolution when you combine all 12 monitors. and what would really be playable at the resolution.

[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Really, all I am trying to say is that this is rediculous! We don't even need 2 monitors. Sure it is luxoury but, realistically, we don't need to waste money. I gave Africa as an example, but really guys,c'mon...this is just nuts. I am not starting a flame thread.[/citation]
In the 1990s it was a luxury to have a computer. Who needed one? Prices come down and things that were luxury before become common.
There will be few markets that need this product and I doubt any of them will be home users. It's likely designed for the business market and those that need to drive 12 monitors for whatever it is they do. Plus it's great for marketing.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]brother shrike[/nom]Some of us just graduated to a single 16:9 LCD...[/citation]
Not me, not yet. I paid $1k for a Samsung SyncMaster 213T in Dec. 2004 and it still works great. It'd better, I paid enough for it. Sucks how monitors today are probably 1/4-1/3 the price. although I can't say I know for sure. I'm not exactly in the market for a new monitor, yet. Maybe I'll jinx myself as soon as I click SUBMIT MY COMMENT. I could use a new 3D monitor, anyway, if they're out yet. I wouldn't know, offhand. Nor would I know if 3D actually is worth it.

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
On my Mac iifx in the early-mid nineties, I used to play a flight-sim game which allowed 5 monitors. I think it was called F/A-18 Hornet. The PC version didn't have multiple monitor support and I can't remember exactly how the set-up worked (I think code was sent to each Mac & monitor on the Appletalk network). Anyway, the advanced multi-media capabilities of the Mac allowed for some great multiple monitored games. But those 21" CRT colour monitors were hellishly expensive!

I placed three monitors, one on top of each other; Lower, angled up>For Cockpit controls/Joy/, Middle>Forward facing through flight-deck window and HUD, Upper, angled down>overhead view (out of the sun attacks). Left and right monitors angled in for left/right view.

We'd spend hours playing after the office closed. In a darkened room It was quite immersive as the system had four channel audio as well. Ah, the days when Mac's had some great in-built gaming technology and devs who took advantage of it.

Nakal

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I think Eyefinity would be nice if you could get a nice bezel free monitor. Right now the bezels are .. kinda in the way.

Need a nice video wall :)

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]dogman_1234[/nom]Really, all I am trying to say is that this is rediculous! We don't even need 2 monitors. Sure it is luxoury but, realistically, we don't need to waste money. I gave Africa as an example, but really guys,c'mon...this is just nuts. I am not starting a flame thread.[/citation]
Everything is relative. Many people around the world would say that your single monitor computer is a luxury. Does that mean you would sell it and give the money to help the poor? What seems "extreme" to you may not be extreme to others. What seems reasonable to you may not seem reasonable to others. In other words, what you see as black and white are really shades of grey.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Wouldn't it have made more sense to the Mini-Display Ports sideways and fit all twelve without taking another of my precious expansion slots?

septentriones

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]mister g[/nom]The triple slot card, it's finally happened. Just saying.[/citation]
I guess we'll have to move to extended ATX boards if we want more than one of these, though that would be an obscene amount of money...I want one! (next ultimate gaming pc raffle, please?)

Status
Not open for further replies.