[SOLVED] Problem with two laptops and Windows installation

Apr 28, 2019
So my dad brought two laptops home from work some months ago, one for me and one for my Brother, and i decided to get them setup. I installed Windows on mine and used the formating tool in the ISO usb stick boot thingy to format all the fille systems, installation worked out as it should.

My Brothers on the other hand, wouldn't recognize the USB stick as a bootdevice no matter what settings i changed.switched hardrives so i could use MY laptop to install Windows 10, it worked out the same way, and linked it to his Outlook accout, after that i switched back. however, my Brothers laptop would continue booting into the coorporation "Windows", and i would get the same login screen as i would before i formated the his harddrive. if that wasn't enough, no matter what harddrive i put into MY laptop, it prompts me to log in With my Brothers sign in information, and i can't seem to find all the files i installed on MY "Windows". the drivers also seems to be gone, synaptics drivers (the thouchpad driver thingy) and it is gone from my Brothers Version of Windows(that i am forced to use)

so in essence, i got one stubborn computer that only prompts me to log in with a coorporation user, and the other one seems to have some sort of personality dissorder, not letting me use MY Windows.
laptops are of the kind: HP Elitebook 840 G1

Solution
Its more than just the BIOS...all the other components as well. Such as the touchpad, as you have seen.

As far as booting...what does it say in the BIOS for booting from that USB?
Apr 28, 2019
  1. Switching drives and OS's between system rarely works well.
  2. You need to discover why the second laptop won't boot from the Windows install USB.
yhe i guess, in hindsight i figured the windoes would be bound to the bios of some sorts.
so i guess the question is how can i make the usb stick work, as i could always just reinstall windows on my laptop

Apr 28, 2019
It seems to have been resolved, tried again when I came back home to boot from the usb, suddenly it recognized it, and I just reinstalled it on mine aswell, anyways, thanks for the help