Sep 24, 2019
So I have an EK pump that started making a rather loud annoying noise. I had just finished bending the tubes to add my GPU to my loop, filled it back up, and this is what it was doing. The only think I can think of is I put primochill prep in again since the GPU never had the prep but the rest of the loop had prior when I was just cooling the CPU. So I am wondering two things, if the prep is what started causing the noise. Is this a bad noise, as in is something going to break? The noise is much quieter when idling, the clip is during a leak test so the pump is running at 100%.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019
When you were filling the loop, at any time did you run the pump without any coolant at all or allow the reservoir to run empty?

Also, what is that coolant? It looks....odd.
No, the pump was never dry ran and also yes thats the coolant. The phone camera did not do a good job on white balancing the video, it doesn't actually look the same as the video

Reactions: Jimmyt2

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Next question - is the coolant flowing normally? Can you determine if flow is moving well in the system? I've seen where loops have blocked or restrictive flow and the coolant has no where to go...the pump impeller just churns and churns without moving anything.

Can you determine this info?

Reactions: Jimmyt2