Question PURPLE SCREEN AND BUZZING WHILE GAMING

radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
Hello there.
I have a little problem.

Yesterday my PC suddenly crashed with the error "ASUS Anti-Surge detected an unstable power supply unit on the last power-up". So I was thinking like, yeah ASUS is little bit weird in this and turned it off today. I was gaming a little bit everything was ok. And then suddenly a weird static buzzing and noise in my headphones started. Monitor goes white and after a while a went to windows and it has ended. But the audio was disconnected (it was now in my monitor speakers only). Then I did the same. Started a game and again the same happened. But the monitor was purple now and I needed to restart the PC. When I watch videos, twitch etc. everything is ok it happens only while gaming.
My GPU is GTX 1050 Ti
And PSU is CoolerMaster 600W
They are probably 3 years old.

Do you think it is bad GPU or PSU?
Thanks for advices.

That's actually not a very good high quality PSU though, IMO. Can you check the GPU by using some other PSU model, if possible ? Which Motherboard do you have. and how many RAM sticks are installed ?

Does your board support onboard graphics/iGPU ? Try to run a MEMTEST on the memory modules to check for any errors, if need be. What is the GPU and CPU temp value while gaming ?

Last edited:

radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
Memtest is ok. I was dealing in the past with overheating (i tried everything. tested gpu, cpu ..). I have to buy only another PSU. Motherboard is ASUS B150M PRO GAMING. 8GB of ram Kingston Fury HyperX.

radeunder

Reputable
Jun 26, 2019
Its really strange. Because it was freezing after 5 minutes of gaming and then I set little bit higher voltage to CPU and it freezed after 30-45 minutes? Maybe just coincidence?