Sep 23, 2019
Hi there! recently, i get really mad when playing csgo and i bumped my table so hard it freezes the the pc. mouse, keyboard and monitor are all still lighting up but cant be use. i then hard restart it and it turn on like normally, but when i bump just slightly, it crashes again. I then found a forum saying that it might be problems with the ram, and it instructed to reattached the ram, so i did and bumps wont freezes the pc again. However, im concerned that some part might be damage especially my motherboard, cpu and gpu. im scared that when i bumped it really hard my gpu will bend or damage my motherboard sama with my cpu, since they are hanging vertically on the motherboard. Should i be concerned?

Motherboard: MSI B450m tomahawk
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600(with a huge deep cool cpu cooler(air not liquid))
GPU: MSI RTX2060 OC

Solution
Hi there! recently, i get really mad when playing csgo and i bumped my table so hard it freezes the the pc. mouse, keyboard and monitor are all still lighting up but cant be use. i then hard restart it and it turn on like normally, but when i bump just slightly, it crashes again. I then found a forum saying that it might be problems with the ram, and it instructed to reattached the ram, so i did and bumps wont freezes the pc again. However, im concerned that some part might be damage especially my motherboard, cpu and gpu. im scared that when i bumped it really hard my gpu will bend or damage my motherboard sama with my cpu, since they are hanging vertically on the motherboard. Should i be concerned?

Motherboard: MSI B450m...

Motherboard: MSI B450m tomahawk
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600(with a huge deep cool cpu cooler(air not liquid))
GPU: MSI RTX2060 OC
If it's working normally than no damage was done. And STOP "Rage bumping" it, your HDD will die !!!

Last edited:
Solution
recently, i get really mad when playing csgo and i bumped my table so hard it freezes the the pc.
Should i be concerned?
If PC is such a source of frustration for you, may be stop using it? Or at least stop playing csgo.
Another option is attending anger management courses.

I hope there are no people near you, when you go into rage mode.

So - yes. You absolutely should be concerned.

Sep 23, 2019
If PC is such a source of frustration for you, may be stop using it? Or at least stop playing csgo.
Another option is attending anger management courses.

I hope there are no people near you, when you go into rage mode.

So - yes. You absolutely should be concerned.
lmao, not always tho, i don't know what have got into me that day.. anyway, thanks for the advice!!

Never understood HDDs. I dropped my old laptop once from 1.5 meters and nothing happened. I carried my new one in a bag and the HDD had half of its sectors killed. The capacity literally dropped from 1TB to 0.6...
Mechanical parts and heads float over the platters at few micrometers above them, Any contact with platters surface damages it and data is gone. 3.5" drives are more succeptible than 2.5" ones because of larger mass of heads.

nooneisback

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2014
Mechanical parts and heads float over the platters at few micrometers above them, Any contact with platters surface damages it and data is gone. 3.5" drives are more succeptible than 2.5" ones because of larger mass of heads.
Both were 2.5", the first one was just a WD Blue 500GB, the second one was a 1TB WD Enterprise. The best part is that I dropped it while it was moving files, while the one in the bag was in hibernation.