Shocwavez

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
I need a little advise on seting up RAID 0. I have a mainboard with the highpoint raid controller built in. Now I'm a little new at this so my question is: when I set up my 2 drives on the strip before I install windows, will windows see it as one drive (C:)? and install on that one drive or do I have to set up the RAID after I install windows?

Thank you for any advise :)

:tongue: <font color=green> I LOVE INTEL. It tastes like chicken </font color=green>

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
You have to define the array before installing Windows. You will see it as one large volume to install Windows on.

<font color=red>People and hard drives are like bandwagon fans and sports!</font color=red>

kief

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2001
You will want to use the RAID BIOS (control h I think for highpoint?) and setup your striped set. When done and you install windows 2k or XP you will want to hit F6 when prompted to install the driver. You MUST do this before windows install if you want to run your OS from the striped set, which is what almost everyone would want!

Jesus saves, but Mario scores!!!

Shocwavez

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Thanks guys for the info. Thats kind of what I thought had to be done just wasn't sure. Didnt know about the F6 thingy. peace !

:tongue: <font color=green> I LOVE INTEL. It tastes like chicken </font color=green>

FatBurger

Illustrious
BTW, it'll say at the bottom "Press F6 now to install SCSI/RAID drivers"
Windows XP has the normal HighPoint drivers built in, I believe you can use those. You'll still have to hit F6, you just won't have to insert the disk.

<font color=orange>Quarter</font color=orange> <font color=blue>Pounder</font color=blue> <font color=orange>Inside</font color=orange>
Don't step in the sarcasm!