Dec 25, 2020
Hi, a few days ago, i asked on which slot of the motherboard ASRockB450M pro4-f i should put my ram ( one stick corsair, 2666mhz, 8gb : CMK8GX4M1A2666C16). And a lot of people reply that the best is to put it on the slot A2.
But now i would like to know why do you think that A2 is the best slot, and how can i be sure that A2 is better that the other slots??
On the picture, I can see that all slots seem to be good for 2666mhz ram...
Ps : I don't know if my ram is SR (single rank) or DR (dual rank)
4xMatisse-3200-2667.png

Last edited:
Solution
A2/B2 is the first channel then second channel is the other two. A2 is populated first then B2 and so on according to your picture.

Dual rank memory has chips on both sides of the ram stick. If ram has a cover over the chips then you can run cpuz and look under spd tab for rank specification.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
A2/B2 is the first channel then second channel is the other two. A2 is populated first then B2 and so on according to your picture.

Dual rank memory has chips on both sides of the ram stick. If ram has a cover over the chips then you can run cpuz and look under spd tab for rank specification.

Solution
Dec 25, 2020

Cool, thank you, but where do you see, on my picture, that A2 is the first slot for my ram?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
The first row, A2 column. Indicating single stick operation of either single rank (SR) or dual rank (DR). Third row then shows two populated sticks of SR/DR in slots A2 & B2 and so forth.

Picture is saying A2 is the designated spot for a single stick of ram. It'll probably work in others but it'll be trial and error. If it works in other slots then there will be no performance difference. Mind you, dual channel is worth considering if you desire performance.

TRENDING THREADS