Mar 25, 2023
When I bought this laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 320) it was equipped with built-in RAM with a speed of 2133MHz, after running for several years my RAM speed had dropped to 1066MHz and to be honest the decrease was really felt in the performance section.

Then I finally decided to replace it with new RAM, with a speed of 2666MHz, but when installed on this laptop it still says 1066MHz, I've tried reinstalling my windows, but it still says 1066MHz

is there a solution to my problem?

When I bought this laptop (Lenovo Ideapad 320) it was equipped with built-in RAM with a speed of 2133MHz, after running for several years my RAM speed had dropped to 1066MHz and to be honest the decrease was really felt in the performance section.
speed didnt change, 1066MHz is still 2133MHz (marketed) speed

Then I finally decided to replace it with new RAM, with a speed of 2666MHz, but when installed on this laptop it still says 1066MHz, I've tried reinstalling my windows, but it still says 1066MHz
speed can be changed in BIOS, if theres nothing to change, then you cant use higher speed

DDR, double data rate. 1066MHz is 2133MT/s. Nothing wrong with the RAM speed.

Ideapad 320 is 7th gen Core i and does support max 2400MT/s depending on the motherboard chipset and JEDEC profile of the RAM. 2666 is it never gonna run.

TRENDING THREADS