DylBKR

Prominent
Mar 31, 2023
I understand this isn’t really a GPU issue but it’s not exactly a home theatre issue either and as such here we are.

Went to bed last night audio all fine on my PC, woke up today no audio at all. I use a TV (plugged into my GPU via HDMI) as a monitor and the device is recognised and is said to be using sound but none is produced. Also it produces sound if I use the SMART Tv features.

I so far have swapped ports, uninstalled the AMD High Def Audio Devices, Checked for drivers using windows, Updated drivers using AMD and also ran SFC and DISM to no avail any help would me massively appreciated because it’s just super weird.

Also probably worth noting I have a set of external speakers next to my 2nd monitor that are plugged into the front audio jack on the PC that work perfectly fine.

DylBKR

Prominent
Mar 31, 2023
Thanks for the reply, I tried so much stuff last night including different HDMI even ended up getting rid of all drivers and reinstalling which didn’t work. Woke up this morning booted up the PC sound was working.

SMH