Question Random beeping sound (probably AMD software)

Dec 13, 2019
I installed AMD's graphics card two days ago and ever since then I've been hearing this beeping sound at random times when I press a random combination on the keyboard.

This is what it sounds like: https://streamable.com/w3fcr

Can anyone help me identify what's causing this sound? I don't know if I'm pressing a bind by accident that triggers it, but I'd appreciate any help.

Dec 13, 2019
It could be when Radeon Chill is enabled.
It's set to F11 for me and it's not what caused the sound. I literally press a random key on the keyboard multiple times and it plays that sound for me, I don't know why. A few minutes ago I pressed ALT like five times and it played the sound, before that I spammed SPACE and it played it... maybe it's not AMD, but I'm not sure... :(

Dec 17, 2019
It's caused by the Anti-Lag feature in the Radeon Software center under Settings > Graphics. After updating my drivers this morning, whenever I tabbed back to the game I was playing I'd hear the same beeping. After disabling the Anti-Lag option, no more beeping.

Dec 23, 2019
It's caused by the Anti-Lag feature in the Radeon Software center under Settings > Graphics. After updating my drivers this morning, whenever I tabbed back to the game I was playing I'd hear the same beeping. After disabling the Anti-Lag option, no more beeping.

I turned Anti-Lag off and I still get the beep every time I launch a game.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020
to disable beeps go to hotkeys delete all hotkeys. If you still experience that beep go to settings>general>and preferences and disable all advertnisments, system tray menu, toast noitification, upgrade advisor and show indicator

Don't bother, it is a bug.
I have a friend and it does have the same beeping and it does not go away it doesn't matter the settings.
AMD needs to work a little harder fixing bugs and stability on Radeon drivers and software.
Either you get a black screen, crash to desktop on games or green screen, freezes, flickering, tearing, etc.
Some of those issues are less frequent when disabling Overlay support or Enhanced Sync or using a different Radeon software version (old)