Question Random crashes since 20H2 update ?

Apr 21, 2021
Hello, I'm new here so sorry if I made any mistakes while making this post.

I'm running windows 10 pro and everything was fine until I updated to H20 20H2 and ever since then my PC has been having memory problems. I believe it's due to the update messing with something because I did many ram tests and haven't found any problems.

What happens is, while using any demanding app or game, sometimes they crash at random. If it's a single app/game I'm running, it will crash and sometimes crash again every time I open it until I restart. If it's more than one that never happens, but the app that will crash is random as well and sometimes all crash sometimes only one or some of them.

I don't know what to do. Windows has dedicated some 30GB of disk space for virtual RAM, and I've done CHKDSK, diagnostics and ram tests multiple times and never find any error. I have 8GB DDR4.

Apr 21, 2021
Hello, sorry for my absence. I took a look at event viewer and it reports that "Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition".

When looking at the advanced system settings it mentions I have some 24 gigs allocated to virtual memory so I have no idea why the applications are still crashing.

Jan 9, 2021
Hello, sorry for my absence. I took a look at event viewer and it reports that "Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition".

When looking at the advanced system settings it mentions I have some 24 gigs allocated to virtual memory so I have no idea why the applications are still crashing.

Hello SpectralBit,

Please upload your full system specifications, along with the minidumps. The crash dumps will be located in 'C:\Windows\Minidump\'.

m0v1c

Reputable
May 10, 2019
Revert to earlier version is what I did when I had a similar issue about a year ago with a Win 10 update that messed with my i7-2600(i think that was the number)
Go to Settings
Update and security
Windows update
On the page you will see "view update history"
Click on that and at the top will be "uninstall updates"
Uninstall 20H2
If nothing else helps, this might be a stop gap untill you can find a fix or the next update in line fixes it.
Cheers and good luck

Reactions: SpectralBit
Apr 21, 2021
Hello SpectralBit,

Please upload your full system specifications, along with the minidumps. The crash dumps will be located in 'C:\Windows\Minidump\'.

System specs:
Mobo: Gigabyte H310M M2 2.0
PSU: Gamemax 650w 80+ bronze (RIP my DOA EVGA)
CPU: Core i5-9600K
RAM: HyperX Fury 2x 4GB 2666Mhz DDR4
Storage: SSD Kingston A400 480GB SATA
GPU: 1050ti

Was gonna update the poor boy when the pandemic started and now everything costs 3x more so yeah. Also, I don't have any mini dumps. Looked at Microsoft's website and it says those are when the PC itself crashes? My PC never crashes the apps do.