Mar 30, 2024
DfQmHrm.png

I’m making this post today to hopefully get some help from a higher up person that works for Razer. I’m frustrated beyond belief & don’t know what to do anymore.

2-3 weeks ago my 2023 Razer Blade 18 received an error message in the notification tray saying “More Power Required - The system is not receiving adequate power to perform optimally & the battery may discharge faster or not charge at all”. I then went into Razer Synapse & saw that I was unable to put my laptop into custom mode while plugged in to set my CPU & GPU to High/Boost. You can see that in the picture I have added to this thread.

I then start googling this issue & found that this is a very common issue that Razer knows about but cannot seem to understand or know how to fix. Here is just a few links to people with the same issue:

https://insider.razer.com/razer-support-45/system-not-receiving-adequate-power-47468

I became worried after reading all these articles as there was no fix & nobody can seem to get help. I called Razer Support & followed their instructions to troubleshoot which was deleting the Battery ACPI from Device Manager & letting the battery charge overnight, factory resetting, updating Synapse, all drivers, & windows to the latest version. None of this worked & they deemed my laptop for an RMA.

THIS IS WHERE IT GETS VERY VERY FRUSTRATING.
I send my laptop to the Razer Repair Team & they run tests on my laptop & say nothing is wrong with my laptop & send it back! I sent videos & pictures of the issue & exactly how to replicate it but they did not care to look into it or follow what I did. They just think running benchmarks & testing my internal components is enough. I received my laptop, set it up, & what do you know.. The same exact issue was present! This has been going on for over 2 weeks now & I am constantly going back & forth with support. There is a simple resolution to this which is to provide me with a replacement 2023 Razer Blade 18. I spent $5,000 on this laptop & it does not perform to high standards as it should. When I first bought the laptop it worked great but I am also very technology competent so if I cannot fix the issue & they cannot then why can a billion dollar company not send me another laptop? Do they not care about their customers enough?

What do I do next?! The only thing I can think of is making multiple forum posts, submitting a BBB report, & CFPB complaint to where the government/bureau steps in.

I spent $5,000 on this laptop & have not even had it for 6 months. I am also under warranty & this is a common issue multiple people have & they are all left with the same unresolved matter as me. How is that right? Please help me get this issue the attention it needs & give advice on what to do. Thank you.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
At any point, was any suggestion regarding the actual power supply made?

I have a Dell Mobile Precision, while it will operate with a lower wattage power supply, the system will give a similar warning to me (as the one you received) when using such a source.

Just for your awareness, it is not likely that this thread will alert anyone outside this community.

You may simply need to escalate your support issue with Razer to a decision maker, vice a tech support worker bee.

Mar 30, 2024
At any point, was any suggestion regarding the actual power supply made?

I have a Dell Mobile Precision, while it will operate with a lower wattage power supply, the system will give a similar warning to me (as the one you received) when using such a source.

Just for your awareness, it is not likely that this thread will alert anyone outside this community.

You may simply need to escalate your support issue with Razer to a decision maker, vice a tech support worker bee.
Yes, I purchased another OEM 330w Razer Power Supply, same issue. I also tried purchasing the SlimQ 330w Charger, same issue once again.
I have only had this laptop for less than 6 months.

I spent $5,000 on this laptop & have not even had it for 6 months. I am also under warranty & this is a common issue multiple people have & they are all left with the same unresolved matter as me.
you can just take this as a lesson learned to not purchase Razer hardware and/or to read up more thoroughly on other owner's issues before making a purchase.
They just think running benchmarks & testing my internal components is enough. I received my laptop, set it up, & what do you know.. The same exact issue was present! This has been going on for over 2 weeks now & I am constantly going back & forth with support. There is a simple resolution to this which is to provide me with a replacement 2023 Razer Blade 18. I spent $5,000 on this laptop & it does not perform to high standards as it should. When I first bought the laptop it worked great but I am also very technology competent so if I cannot fix the issue & they cannot then why can a billion dollar company not send me another laptop? Do they not care about their customers enough?
as long as the system can complete it's designated tasks then it is functioning.
annoying beeps and error messages don't actually detract from the fact that it can actually perform, just that it may not be as pleasing of an experience as possible.

and no, most larger corporate entities do not care about individual customers at all past the point of convincing them to make a purchase.
if you were a large social media attraction and making these type of claims to millions of viewers they would treat you differently and probably overcompensate you for your trouble.
but being a single lowly customer they have no reason to care in regards to their overall profits.

there will always be thousands of electronics customers everyday looking at the "cool" Razer products out there and thinking how they can be cool too by purchasing them.
i personally have always found their products to be subpar quality-wise and annoyingly ugly with their "gamer" themes.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Yes, I purchased another OEM 330w Razer Power Supply, same issue. I also tried purchasing the SlimQ 330w Charger, same issue once again.
I have only had this laptop for less than 6 months.
Request escalation with Razer support.

At any point, have you completely reinstalled Windows and the drivers (minus the Razer bloatware) to see if that resolves the problem?

Mar 30, 2024
Request escalation with Razer support.

At any point, have you completely reinstalled Windows and the drivers (minus the Razer bloatware) to see if that resolves the problem?
I have escalated it as far as I can until this point, waiting on response. I have already wiped Windows 2 different ways. 1) Using Windows ISO from Microsoft Site 2) Using System Image from Razer

Both result in the same issue & others also have this similar problem. I have also tried deleting ACPI from Device Manager & recharging laptop & any other battery calibration methods. It seems to be either software side (Razer Synapse) or an internal issue dealing with wattage readings or battery. The laptop is in mint condition & I treat all my products with care. I regret buying this & wish I just bought the Asus G16. It has a lower TDP but doesn’t have all the Razer overheating & battery issues.

Mar 30, 2024
you can just take this as a lesson learned to not purchase Razer hardware and/or to read up more thoroughly on other owner's issues before making a purchase.

as long as the system can complete it's designated tasks then it is functioning.
annoying beeps and error messages don't actually detract from the fact that it can actually perform, just that it may not be as pleasing of an experience as possible.

and no, most larger corporate entities do not care about individual customers at all past the point of convincing them to make a purchase.
if you were a large social media attraction and making these type of claims to millions of viewers they would treat you differently and probably overcompensate you for your trouble.
but being a single lowly customer they have no reason to care in regards to their overall profits.

there will always be thousands of electronics customers everyday looking at the "cool" Razer products out there and thinking how they can be cool too by purchasing them.
i personally have always found their products to be subpar quality-wise and annoyingly ugly with their "gamer" themes.
Thats like saying you have an iPhone & it can make calls & messages so Apple won’t fix it. I understand your point but that is not how support should be. I am trying to do anything to get a replacement or repair that fixes this. I am a gamer as a side hobby & this really pisses me off. Been having to use my desktop PC & can’t game in bed or anything. Really bummed I bought a Razer product though.

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I have escalated it as far as I can until this point, waiting on response. I have already wiped Windows 2 different ways. 1) Using Windows ISO from Microsoft Site 2) Using System Image from Razer

Both result in the same issue & others also have this similar problem. I have also tried deleting ACPI from Device Manager & recharging laptop & any other battery calibration methods. It seems to be either software side (Razer Synapse) or an internal issue dealing with wattage readings or battery. The laptop is in mint condition & I treat all my products with care. I regret buying this & wish I just bought the Asus G16. It has a lower TDP but doesn’t have all the Razer overheating & battery issues.
Good luck. At this point, you really only have a couple options. Wait for Razer or live with the issue.

Surely the system still works and you can use for gaming, just not optimally. Correct?

Mar 30, 2024
Good luck. At this point, you really only have a couple options. Wait for Razer or live with the issue.

Surely the system still works and you can use for gaming, just not optimally. Correct?
After about 15-25 minutes of gaming I get throttled because the battery is not having optimal power to keep it charged. I think it’s due to the GPU TDP. I looked at HWInfo & am getting 16w-18w when charging using the Stock OEM 330w power supply. The same goes for the SlimQ 300w power supply.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
So what have you done to minimize throttling? Lower game settings? Underclock CPU/GPU?

Aside from expectations of getting the performance you hoped to purchase, you may have to make adjustments in the meantime to lower the impacts of the physical design of the system.

Even a replacement system, if offered, could perform the same way.

May 25, 2024
I have exactly the same problem. I accidentally deleted the wrong disk in my Blade 16 RTX 4090 from 2023. I read horror stories to recover, but the recovery USB worked like a charm. I updated Windows and installed the right Nvidia drivers, and I got the message from Synapse that I didn't have enough power plugged in. I installed Synapse beta, and the message was gone. The problem is the battery drain didn't.

I opened a ticket with them, and they asked me to do the same thing as you, which I am currently trying. I was thinking it would be the AC adapter, but you tried it also... Damn, man, this is my second gaming laptop in 3 years. That is crap. My 6-year-old gaming desktop is still going strong. thin, I stop investing so much money in these laptops. A cheap portable laptop for work. Gaming I will just do on a desktop.