playstation1868

Reputable
Apr 5, 2018
Hello all! This is just a quick question about 1440p performance (what with the recent release of DOOM eternal and other great games) that has been bothering me

for a while. My build is still exactly as it appears in my signature below (ie: Ryzen 7 3800x; EVGA 2080 Super Hybrid Cooled; 16GB 3200Mhz ). I have a slight
60HhZ

overclock on my GPU via MSI Afterburner as well (this is what the automatic OC tool found for me). The issue is as follows, when I play my main games, like

Battlefield 1 and Modern Warfare/Warzone, I rarely see any frame rates above around 105 fps and looking back at the relevant graphs confirms this to be true. I

play at 1440p on FULL ultra settings which I fully understand is demanding! The thing is, when I look up what OTHERS say their average frame rates are with a

similar set up, I get answers like 140fps or at LEAST 120fps even. I have all of my Nvidia control panel settings to maximum performance and on NO games do I run

ray tracing...so why am I getting worse numbers? I even watch youtube videos where people with similar rigs get way better numbers than I do with little to no OC!

When I run UserBenchmark I even get scores above 120% UFO in all categories AND my GPU performs "above average." What might be keeping me from achieving

the same FPS numbers that I see others getting?

Last edited:

playstation1868

Reputable
Apr 5, 2018
cpu/gpu temp and usage during the game?
ram/ssd/hd usage during the game? ram running at 3600 dual channel?
what resolution?
malware scan the system?
post the userbenchmark result link

So all of my temps are fine in that my CPU never goes over like 65 degrees and my GPU never goes above 70 degrees. I have very aggressive pump and fan curves. I am running my RAM in dual channel I think? I just updated my BIOS so settings may have been screwed with. I remember setting my RAM to what appeared to be AMD's equivalent of an XMP profile (I mostly let everything fall into place automatically as I am VERY new to this). I do a Ccleaner scan every day and have never had any malware issues. I would not even know what software to use for free even if I DID since all of them drive up my CPU usage in the background and hurt performance. I play at 1440p resolution max settings. My RAM usage, based on MSI afterburner looks like it sits around 9 Gb give or take a few megs.

Thank you for your reply!!

UserBenchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/26644813