Nov 12, 2018
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for taking the time to read my question. I am thinking of buying this power supply CORSAIR 650W RMI I do not know if it is ok and it is necessary that amount watts in the source for what I want. But I want to be something left over in case I do some updates this year. Other than that I want to buy from UPS:

I have these 3 options: (I do not want to import) (I'm from Peru)
UPS (UPS) APC Pro 1200, Interactive, 1200VA, 720W

UPS (UPS) APC BX1400U-MS, 1400VA, 700W, interactive, 220V, AVR

UPS (UPS) Smart APC SURT1000XLI, On-Line, 1000VA, 700W, 230V

and this UPS (UPS) APC Pro 900, Interactive, 900VA, 540W, 230V (ONLY IN CASE YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE SO MANY WATTS although I do not know how much you really need for that build)

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x with OC
Motherboard: x470 asus prime
Memory: 2x8gb Crucial Ballistix 3000 hz
Monitor :samsung cf390
Graphic card : rx 590 8gb Saphire
cpu cooler: evo 212
SSD: samsung 970 evo 250gb m.2

kanewolf

Titan
The SURT -- The OnLine UPSs mean that UPS is a double conversion UPS. That means that is always converts the AC to DC, then converts back to AC. So the voltage output is constant. I have three of the SURT1500s in my home. Definitely the best.

oren reuben

Prominent
May 13, 2019
Hello,

Assuming you have these only basic pc components as you specified and a couple more, a 650 watts SMPS should be enough to manage the load. CORSAIR is a good brand and I myself have one, which works great over the years. But before purchasing anything it is good to visit this site and see what wattage SMPS is right for you. If you are overclocking then use the 'advanced’ tab on the below page and select the processor model and manually put the cpu speed and voltage which you want. Fill all the fields whichever match with the components you have and then see the results. If you are upgrading or adding new items within a short period of time then even consider those additional (or upgraded) components you are going to have and put that accordingly in the fields and then see what wattage SMPS is best for you. This way you don't need to buy a new power supply unit after adding new items.

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

It is always good to cross check with your local computer expert and then proceed to buy things.

With regards to UPS, I live in a different country and do not have those models available but my ups brand is also APC which is working great since a couple of months. so I will try to guide you to my best possible extent.

Your monitors max power supply is 25 watts. (Please cross check with your manuals). Normally people connect a pc cabinet and the monitor to the ups. So in your case the pc cabinet powered with a SMPS of 650 watts plus a monitor of 25 watts will be your total maximum power draw of 675 watts from the ups. If you plan to connect any additional components like printers or other items which you plan to continue to use for a few minutes during abnormal power conditions like outage, fluctuations etc, then you need to add their wattage as well.

Assuming all your pc component's total combined wattage equivalents to exactly 650 watts (which is usually not the case); 675 watts of power will only be used if all your components are working at full 100% capacity, say your cpu, graphics card, ssd and all. But this is rarely the case. This is because any different component is not working at the full capacity at all the time so the power requirements keep changing every second or so. For example when you do only a copy-paste of a file from ssd to hard disk only these two components use up to their max power. Other components like (graphics card) use the least power as they are in mostly idle state. Anyway the standard practice is to take the maximum total load and match with the 'output' of any ups which will always keep you on the safer side. So the last model with 540 watts load will work but will be very risky and will give beeps or power off your pc altogether with loads that exceed that wattage during a power outage or normally. So the best bet is to go for any model whose 'output wattage' is same or greater than 675 watts as in your case. The only difference is that more wattage ups will cost you more but will give you increased backup time.

So choose from the any of the above three 700 watts output model which your budget can afford. Line-interactive and Online UPS have their own pros and cons. Please do a google search for your knowledge as i would do the same and copy paste it here. It would only add too much text. To know which one is perfect for you please check the ups features on their website or please contact their call center and cross check with them as to which model suits you the best. I did the same and their support was good in helping me.

Best of Luck for you new build.

Hello everyone and thanks in advance for taking the time to read my question. I am thinking of buying this power supply CORSAIR 650W RMI I do not know if it is ok and it is necessary that amount watts in the source for what I want. But I want to be something left over in case I do some updates this year. Other than that I want to buy from UPS:

I have these 3 options: (I do not want to import) (I'm from Peru)
UPS (UPS) APC Pro 1200, Interactive, 1200VA, 720W

UPS (UPS) APC BX1400U-MS, 1400VA, 700W, interactive, 220V, AVR

UPS (UPS) Smart APC SURT1000XLI, On-Line, 1000VA, 700W, 230V

and this UPS (UPS) APC Pro 900, Interactive, 900VA, 540W, 230V (ONLY IN CASE YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE SO MANY WATTS although I do not know how much you really need for that build)

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x with OC
Motherboard: x470 asus prime
Memory: 2x8gb Crucial Ballistix 3000 hz
Monitor :samsung cf390
Graphic card : rx 590 8gb Saphire
cpu cooler: evo 212
SSD: samsung 970 evo 250gb m.2
650w would be plenty for that build. One issue with the PSU though is the Graphic Card. There is one spec that is important on the Video card, the +12v rail. I bought what I thought was a Very Nice card many years ago. It was a 550w Antec and it was more than enough as far as the Watts. I started playing a gaming and was having problems and couldn't understand it. I finally saw that the Card required a minimum of, I think it was 25a on the +12v Rail. The power supply only put out 18a on the 12v Rail. I needed to get a PSU that gave me enough on the Rail. Bought a Corsair which are always good in that respect, and had plenty. As for the Corsair Graphics Card you have listed, it is good. You have kinda lost me as then you appear to gone into a UPS ( Uninterrupable Power Supply ). I think the one in the middle would do well. I use a Cyber Power, but that is not available there apparently.